Did you mean: 

G751JY Disassembly Pics

joshindaphils
Level 11
Update:

Video teardown guide (all rights to the video creator):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x7px8mx5LU

Original post:

Had my G751 serviced under warranty due to a rattling sound. Ended up being the double sided tape that holds the CMOS battery came undone allowing the battery to rattle around. Took the opportunity to take a bunch of pics and have some IC Diamond 24 applied as well.

57 REPLIES 57

Edweird
Level 10
No, you shouldn't have. Remember the part about the better cooling? Being a closed compartment design helps the G751JY stay cooler than anything MSI offers. I miss the easy to access fan on my N61, too, but I think the one-piece top and keyboard make for a better build. It probably saves $$$ too.

joshindaphils
Level 11
The need for a tear-down was a known quantity before the laptop was available to purchase... while inconvenient vs. other designs the full tear-down is actually very easy compared to most all other laptops I've done it on.

Being a very friendly laptop to work on I consider that as an even trade if not an outright bonus for having to do the full tear-down for a clean.

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
both good points, and something to think about. well, done is done and this is what i have. my rant is more about asus than the actual tear down. just tired of them being so apathetic to their own customers. terrible customer service, always, and rarely good upgraded drivers. but i shouldn't talk smack about the notebook, as it is pretty much rock solid.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11

toronto699
Level 13

toronto699 wrote:
hope this helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x7px8mx5LU

Thanks for the link toronto699 I'll update the OP.

escha
Level 7

i try it at first in english:
i want to change the paste for more cooling. but i thought i can place 2 leds at the backside of the laptop, where the fans blowing up.
red leds. is that possible, that i can take same energy of the system?

auf deutsch^^ verdammt ist mein englisch beschissen.
würde gerne die Wärmeleitpaste wechseln und da ich dann sowieso alles zerlege, dachte ich mir, dass ich hinten an den Lüftungsgittern 2 leds platziere.
Meint ihr das wäre möglich?

adem89 wrote:
i try it at first in english:
i want to change the paste for more cooling. but i thought i can place 2 leds at the backside of the laptop, where the fans blowing up.
red leds. is that possible, that i can take same energy of the system?

auf deutsch^^ verdammt ist mein englisch beschissen.
würde gerne die Wärmeleitpaste wechseln und da ich dann sowieso alles zerlege, dachte ich mir, dass ich hinten an den Lüftungsgittern 2 leds platziere.
Meint ihr das wäre möglich?

Yes here is an example of how you can do it: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Build-a-USB-Powered-LED-Light/

I've not ran the resister values to ensure it would be ideal, and the LEDs and configuration of the wiring would play a factor as well.

USB power is available internally as well as a myriad of other power sources. But honestly if you have to ask here, I would suggest that you do not do the work yourself, and get someone else to do it. Otherwise I suggest doing some research and learn some new skills.

Alternatively you may get more assistance starting your own thread on the matter here, this is because your post is outside of the scope of the thread (G751 disassembly),