cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT - CH71 touchpad corner coming off?

Rares95
Level 8
So i have this laptop for 1 week and the touchpad is starting to come off (see picture). It is really annoying when my palm comes over it because it is above the plane of the palm rest. I could try to glue it myself but i don't know with what..superglue or something else. I don't want to damage it.

I can still return it to the store (30 days after purchase). What would you do? I wouldn't want to return it because i already spent 2 days installing all the things i need. I also wouldn't want to send it in warranty for this minor thing because i fear it will come more damaged than i sent it. Either return it or attempt repair?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vm0q9wbh5llm6q/IMG_20141230_144953373.jpg?dl=0
18 REPLIES 18

geneticweapon wrote:
There is no easy fix, the laptop would have to be disassembled to repair this. If you need repair, I would send it to Asus, and not to the retailer you bought it from. All a retailer is going to do is ship you out a new replacement, and it's highly likely IMO that you'll get another screwed up laptop sent to you.

The quality control on these machines is garbage, plain and simple. Keyboard keys that are dead, tilted, or not centered/grinding against the chassis, speaker wires that are severed during assembly, speaker software that's borked, screen lightbleed, screens that don't work, trackpads not glued in right, cpu's that get too hot, a Steam button that opens in Big Picture Mode/is useless, USB's on left side that don't work properly, display port that freezes/bluescreens the machine... such a joke. When buying one of these laptops, the chances of you experiencing one or more of these problems is extremely high. I would never ever recommend one of these machines to anyone, and it sucks because they could have been awesome.

I can only agree with you mate. This could have been a super machince, but ASUS is screwing this up big time. They fail on 3 key areas:
1. recent quality as you mentioned. This is full disrespect to the users.
2. poor support. RMA is the only way, they dont care about you at all after the PC is bought.
3. lack of respect at user requests. Just look at the ridicoulus one sided subwoofer thing coupled with bad sound. They wer not able to fix this since years, simply cause they dont care.

ASUS, I am not happy anyomre .... eh ... not like anyone from the company will listen to this.

Sincerely,
Your Ex ROG fan.

It's such a shame...

wow, i just noticed mine was up too on the right bottom corner, although I never use the track pad, this is a shame paying this much and having sound issues and now this....come on Asus!! grrrrr:mad:

Sagi
Level 7
Got the same issue with my trackpad.. So annoying they can't do it right the first time.

This will be my 2 RMA after getting the G751JY .. Wish I had kept my G75VX.. It was running perfect!
The King of the north!

Rares95
Level 8
I am afraid to send it to ASUS for repairs because the rest of the laptop is fine (except the speakers of course), and i don't want it to get damaged for this. I could use super glue and that could fix it. I don't even use the touchpad. I don't get it why the G series have such a big touchpad anyway. It's not like i am gonna play a shooter or ANYTHING without a mouse. Imo they should have removed the trackpad altogether.

Rares95
Level 8
The touchpad is a 5 layer composite with Polyester top and PE base. Can someone recommend an adhesive that does not melt this type of plastic?

Rares95
Level 8
I know right

Guys, same is here 😄 and for last few days i dont know what to do. Everything is great exepct that. I thinking about glue too 😄 but dont sure about that ? xD

Having the same issue (trackpad peeling up in top right corner). Has anyone found a solution for this? I don't really want to have to ship the laptop to asus but I also don't want it to get worse... has anyone tried glueing it and can confirm that it won't cause any damage to the laptop?