cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT Aptio Setup Utility loop after force shutdown

elizabethhn
Level 7
Hi,

I am having some troubles with my ROG G751JT.
While using Audacity, I closed the laptop for a second and when I opened it again, it was frozen.
I couldn't take any actions so I forced a shut down by pressing the power button.
When the computer re-booted, it opened the Aptio Setup Utility and won't let me exit.
I tried 'save and exit' and also 'discard changes and exit' but it takes me back to aptio setup utility regardless.

I tried some suggested solutions from this forum http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35315-G75VW-stuck-on-Aptio-Setup-Utility-since-a-Bios223-up...
but I didn't want to run easy flash because I heard a BIOS update gone wrong can ruin a computer and I'm
not really sure what I'm doing.

I checked the SATA configuration option and this is what it says:
Serial ATA Port 0
Empty
Empty
Empty

Serial ATA Port 2
Device Type: ATAPI CDROM
Model Name: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUCON
Serial Number: KXOEAB51639

Serial ATA Port 3
Device Type: Hard Disk
Model Name: HGST HTS721010A9E630
Serial Number: JR10006POVBA2F

Also, my BIOS version is 205.

I really don't know what the problem is and I'm desperate to solve this problem quickly since I have
a final project due for my class in a couple days. I would really appreciate help. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

aeolisio
Level 10
1/ Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable
2/ Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable
3/ Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'
4/ Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely
5/ Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu
6/ Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears
7/ Select ' Advanced Options'
8/ Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occured

ton of google hits for this you can try
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi,

When I disable the 'secure boot control' and enable 'launch CMS' and try to reboot, I get a message that says
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"
I get this message even after pressing F9 during start up (tried F10 too).
Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks a bunch.

elizabethhn wrote:
Hi,

When I disable the 'secure boot control' and enable 'launch CMS' and try to reboot, I get a message that says
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"
I get this message even after pressing F9 during start up (tried F10 too).
Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks a bunch.

I have exact same problem. Now stuck at this "reboot and select proper reboot device" .

I contacted ASUS support and according to them, I'm having this problem because my hard drive went bad (not sure what that means or how that happened..). I have to send in my laptop for repair 😕 If you hold down esc during start up, you should be able to see if your hard drive is recognized by BIOS or not. If it's not, then it's a problem with your hard drive I think

elizabethhn wrote:
I contacted ASUS support and according to them, I'm having this problem because my hard drive went bad (not sure what that means or how that happened..). I have to send in my laptop for repair 😕 If you hold down esc during start up, you should be able to see if your hard drive is recognized by BIOS or not. If it's not, then it's a problem with your hard drive I think

Same problem with my ssd 128 Gb. I've just sent my g751jy for repair.