cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JL Screen goes black for 2-3 seconds while gaming

dunwanted
Level 8
i bought an Asus Rog G751JL, because i need a laptop to play games when i travel.
After using the laptop for several days to test it, i decide to play games to see how smooth and stuff it is and boom when im playing games like league of legends,
tree of savior etc, mobas or mmorpgs (fast paced games) out of the no one my screen goes black for 2-3 seconds then it comes back to normal which is very annoying
so where i bought the laptop i speak with them and they tell me to send it to ASUS for RMA to be fixed, i do not know if they even look at the problems to fix the laptop
because i got the laptop back with the same issue, which got me very pissed and i do not trust them one bit if fixing my laptop since they seem to not know how to fix it.
any one can help me giving me options what to do, what might the problem be? please i need help
this is a link of me playing and showing what happends when i play any fast game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1krLMI_xPgg
also this laptop came with windows 10.
7 REPLIES 7

TokoDude
Level 10
-Download the latest video drivers for your GPU. NVIDIA, INTEL HD GRAPICHS.
-Check with MSI afterburner what the tempature is of your system and if the GPU is not trotteling.
-Check your event log for erros
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

I have updated all those driver, i will the the MSI afterburner what the tempature is of my system and if the GPU is not trotteling.
other thing i wanted to mention is, before i had this issue my pc would just go to sleepmode randomly when gaming and sometimes even when im not gaming, and
i fixed it by changing all the power settings for my laptop to shut down or go in sleep, my laptop will only shut down if i press it on the start button with the mouse

nemerdekel
Level 7
We already found a fix for it. Go to this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83873-ROG-G751JL-Display-problem-randomly-stops-working-fo...
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)

you think my issue is the same as the one you had, since you got the black screens very rarely; I get them 2-3 times when i play a match of league of legends

nemerdekel
Level 7
I'm pretty sure it's the same thing, give it a try

tried if definitely worked, have had only 1 black screen for 2-3 second, but it was only when the laptops temp was around 75 c, do you recommend me lowering them even more?

dunwanted wrote:
tried if definitely worked, have had only 1 black screen for 2-3 second, but it was only when the laptops temp was around 75 c, do you recommend me lowering them even more?

Every chip is different, mine goes all the way down but your milage may wary