cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 not running at full potential when playing games, Manual CPU boost? [solved]

reaper_gfx
Level 7
Hi all

Having some slight issues with the CPU on my G751 with it not running at full potential when playing games and i am wondering if there is any way i can manually set the cpu level.

I understand the reason why it should not be manually boosted as heat dissapation in laptops is not great.. however under stress the CPU never reached above 70°c

But when im trying to play games i.e Minecraft and Arma 2 multiplayer the cpu refuses to budge for example i have minecraft open at the moment and according to CPU-Z my processor speed is at 798.10Mhz... basically i cant render anything in apart from a 36x36 square block

When i try to play Arma 2 online well. my FPS is 8

What i want to do is set an overclock level around 3.2Ghz which is around the top boost level which should still be in the capacity of the chip without risk of damaging and after finished set back to normal but i am unsure

Any advice would be much appreicated

-Reaper
2 REPLIES 2

ciccio80
Level 9
Stupid question (but still, you never know).
Did you set "balanced" or "high performance" under the batery icon? (bottom right corner of the screen).? CPU should go over 800Mhz when under stres..

reaper_gfx
Level 7
Aha

never had the high performance option only just power saver and balanced. but i have found the sneaky.

Problems solved 😄