cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751-JY Miracast/Widi + WIreless Display

Tuluppa
Level 7
Hey

So Id like to connect my TV as a wireless display, but I cant seem to get it to work.

I can stream video just fine into it, but whenever I try to use "Connect" in windows 10 the TV says "Connecting Intels Widi" and laptop says "Connecting" then for a second I can see "Disconnect" button on laptop but it immediatly disconnects on its on, TV just keeps showing the message and loading animation goes on.

TV is LG 50LN575V-ZE with latest firmware.

I can mirror screen from my android phone just fine, but that uses Miracast. Laptop only seems to go with intel Widi, for whatever reason I dont know anything about these two things.

Any help much appreciated!

Tuluppa
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
I have ? about your TV in the TV settings , network or wifi what does it say? rather what does it say in setting up WFI
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/wireless-display
your TV has intel widi , your laptop does not that's what I see . I could be wrong though . there are Intel Widi software for PC {laptop}
I stream video to my TV from my G751 jy in a different way I use my PS3 as the wifi connection. as my tv is not wifi compatible , but yourtv is I think u need intel widi software on laptop. is my guess.

TV support both Widi and Miracast. 2,4 and 5ghz wifi. Doesnt matter if its connected to either of those or by wired connection. Intel Widi update tool says unsupported. I have i7-4710HQ processor.

Question: How do I make it use Miracast for the picture?

PS: I read in another post that the intel graphics chip provided by the processor is disabled, thats probably the problem but surely theres ways around it?

toronto699
Level 13
in W10 search type Project . Project to a second screen system settings will open
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-use-miracast-widi,news-19243.html

Tried that. It shows the TV as both media processor and projector. However the projector seems disconnected at all times and when trying to connect it connects for 1 second before disconnecting.

I have to go to sleep now its nearly 5am here, but thank you for your continued assistance. Much appreciated. Ill be back later.

Thank you

toronto699
Level 13
W10 is kinda messed up with Miracast not like w8.1 , I tried the process it found my blackberry phone and connected to the blackberry . but I had to first add a display in settings.. the blackberry was the display it found,, hmm. it also found my Printer as a display, my printer has an 4 inch LCD and Wifi .. crazy
explain all u have tried so far , so we can figure it out. I have my G751 display on my Blackberry , printer LCD and in on my PS3/TV