cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 Imbalanced Sound Problem (internal speakers only), FIX IS OUT!

Jlieu
Level 7
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30

download the latest Version V6.0.1.7427

No new UI as promised. lol

Edit by cl-Albert: Hope it's okay to edit your post Jlieu, but anybody that wants to read more about the original problem and gory history of this issue may want to check this post below which is currently closed while we check out this new *.7432 G751 audio driver version at this post. Thanks.

G751 Imbalanced Sound Problem OFFICIAL SUPPORT THREAD
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54313-G751-Imbalanced-Sound-Problem-OFFICIAL-SUPPORT-THREA...
412 REPLIES 412

vempatyappu
Level 7
The link above isnt an official driver? But will it solve the crackling problem?

Hello,
Sorry for bringing up the topic again.

I have all sounds that are coming ONLY through internal subwoofer for my G751JT.
It seems like the laptop system itself configures the subwoofer as LR speaker or something, which tries to play all high tone through subwoofer.
It even plays all sound through subwoofer even without realtek audio driver.
I used to have the realtek audio driver from ASUS and it had balanced sound when I first had WIndows 8.1.
In fact, when I first clean installed Windows 10 it had balanced sound but recently it just started playing sound only through subwoofer. (no idea exactly what and when it started because I've been using headphones and external speakers for last few months)

Can anybody give me a tip for a fix? I've already tried installing various versions of realtek audio drivers but no results so far...

sm8368 wrote:
Hello,
Sorry for bringing up the topic again.

I have all sounds that are coming ONLY through internal subwoofer for my G751JT.
In fact, when I first clean installed Windows 10 it had balanced sound but recently it just started playing sound only through subwoofer. (no idea exactly what and when it started because I've been using headphones and external speakers for last few months)

So you never opened the laptop and all of a sudden, apparently through software changes, the issue appeared?
I had the same problem with sounds coming only from internal subwoofer after the G-Sync upgrade, and RMAted it (what a pain is Asus support): they changed the whole left-right speakers part (behind the display, see this video at 4:30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x7px8mx5LU&t=581s ).
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

hexaae wrote:
So you never opened the laptop and all of a sudden, apparently through software changes, the issue appeared?
I had the same problem with sounds coming only from internal subwoofer after the G-Sync upgrade, and RMAted it (what a pain is Asus support): they changed the whole left-right speakers part (behind the display, see this video at 4:30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x7px8mx5LU&t=581s ).

Correction:
I've been using my laptop for almost 2 years with no problems with audio driver.
But after I clean installed Windows 10 in 2016, all sound began to come out only from the subwoofer.
Yesterday, I clean installed Windows 10 again hoping to fix the problem, but nothing has been changed.

I am sure it is just software issue because it worked before formatting my computer.
Can anybody with similar experiences provide any tips? (maybe correct driver installation order?)

x7007
Level 7
Why we can't use newer Realtek Audio drivers anymore ? the sound works but AudioWizard doesn't detected as working device.

Latest working drivers are DriverVer=01/05/2017, 6.0.1.8036

Anything above it has this issue

hexaae
Level 12
With Windows 10 CU (15063.296) I'm forced to rollback to 6.0.1.7576 on my G751JY. All drivers above this cause silent AUDIODG.EXE crash at every reboot. Realtek must update its drivers.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

Is there any chance this gets fixed?

It has made using my laptop speakers to listen to anything a completely nauseating experience.

I'm stuck either using headphones or hearing that loud honking/vibrating overtone drowning out everything I'm listening to.