cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[g751] bios 202 question, missing boot options for USB?

ARX7Arbalest
Level 7
I have been looking thru the BIOS and I can't find a boot option for the USB/DVD ports. I tried adding it thru the 'ADD BOOT OPTION' but can't understand the settings there and tried just entering whatever came up and still can't boot from USB. Does anyone know how to add it or does the 204 BIOS fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Be sure to disable 'secure boot' under 'security' and enable 'Launch CSM' under 'boot' (which can be seen in your screenshot above), save and exit, and go back into the bios to see boot options for non-UEFI devices.

ARX7Arbalest
Level 7
Thank you my good sir.

ARX7Arbalest
Level 7
I would also like to ask if I should update to BIOS 205? Is it necessary? I'm still running on the default 202 BIOS.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
ARX7Arbalest wrote:
I would also like to ask if I should update to BIOS 205? Is it necessary? I'm still running on the default 202 BIOS.

You may want to get more opinions, but as nice.lw mentioned, it's possible your system will no longer work if something goes wrong during the bios update, so try it only when you can take this chance (or wait for more people to try it?).

If you don't have a good reason to update the bios, you may want to wait and if you decide to update, it's better to try it before your warranty expires.

nice_lw
Level 7
I already update my new G751 Bios 202 to 205 and comp is death. I need a fly to Poland with my laptop because all courier refused me to send out (from Ireland) laptop with battery installed in...
I contact with ASUS support, all advice finish without success and comp is fxxxx

Updates done with connected power and internet cable, progress of updates stock on 94% and after 15 min comp switch OFF and never "stand-up"
Power button with led on hand rest is lighting, screen and keyboard is black.
ctrl + home does not work , USB 2,0 and 3,0 flashing with ctrl + home does not work also ...

Regards
Lukasz

nice_lw
Level 7
Hi,
New UpDates about my situation...
After contact with Asus Poland and Asus Ireland ...
I checked all the tricks and advice without success, remained the only Polish flight to where the laptop I purchased (Media Markt) Thanks for Arkadiusz&Ania
I was professionally accepted and the computer has been replaced. Return to the hotel in Poland to update the BIOS 205 with full success.

This trip costs 300 € but I have a new ASUS G751JY-32 i7-4860HQ/32GB/512+1TB

Regards Lukasz