cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 (980m) Display Port (TB) 1.2 SST Support @ 4k?

joshindaphils
Level 11
Just wondering if anyone has a 4k monitor that utilizes SST in use with their G751.

I know technically this should not be a concern. I am getting ready to fork over for a Philips BDM4065UC - 40" 4K monitor. Return policies / consumer protection laws are practically non existent here in the Philippines, so it would make me feel much better about the purchase if someone could confirm everything works as expected from personal experience.

Many thanks -Josh
11 REPLIES 11

Xehanort
Level 8
I'm personally done with TN. People keep telling me that ghosting on IPS is horrible, but I just don't see it 😕

The Asus PA328Q is perfect for me, but the thing is it's really expensive and it hasn't arrived in my country yet. On the other hand I have the Asus PB279Q, cheaper but smaller by 5 inches.

joshindaphils
Level 11
For me it is all about the desktop space, there is no way I could productively use 4k @ 27" or even 32" without squinting or sitting absurdly close. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it looks outstanding... and is more than usable with DPI scaling, but again looks just wasn't my goal with this purchase, even though this VA panel does look great IMO.

My productivity has really been helped out just having so many things visible and accessible at the same time. Just to give you an idea of what is possible with this set up (sorry for the bad pic, but you get the idea):