cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JZ With 3D and Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX Availability?

Ukingmaster
Level 7
Is there any chance G750JZ come with 120Hz 3D and Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor ? Thanks ::D
8 REPLIES 8

M_U_M_M_Y
Level 7
I don't think it does. I was even considering getting the 3D version with 780M graphics card, but it's impossible to find it. I don't know why is it so hard for Asus to take our money, I am ready throw money at 3D Asus laptops, but those computers are like dinosaurs, you know they existed but you can't find them anymore. Really annoying.

hmscott
Level 12
Ukingmaster wrote:
Is there any chance G750JZ come with 120Hz 3D and Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor ? Thanks ::D

Ukingmaster, Optimus only supports 60hz for the built-in screen - not sure about the DisplayPort - anyone?

3D needs 120hz, so only a non-Optimus hardware configuration directly connected to the Nvidia GPU output will work.

The 3D versions of the JX are long gone, and I never saw a JH with 3D.

I know that JW/JX/JH support 3D out the DisplayPort, but not sure about the JM/JS/JZ... anyone set up 3D on the Optimus G750's on an external monitor via DisplayPort?

hmscott wrote:
Ukingmaster, Optimus only supports 60hz for the built-in screen - not sure about the DisplayPort - anyone?

3D needs 120hz, so only a non-Optimus hardware configuration directly connected to the Nvidia GPU output will work.

The 3D versions of the JX are long gone, and I never saw a JH with 3D.

I know that JW/JX/JH support 3D out the DisplayPort, but not sure about the JM/JS/JZ... anyone set up 3D on the Optimus G750's on an external monitor via DisplayPort?

Itsn't possible by HDMI port?
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

larry_l
Level 7
G750 JZ, full boat model.

I tried playing a 3D Blu-Ray disk on my 3D capable TV using an HDMI 3D cable. No Joy.

This is using the internal Blu-Ray drive and the bundled software.

I'm thinking about trying Power DVD's Blu-Ray product to see if the right software will allow 3D contents to be sent through the HDMI port. If that doesn't work, I'll try a 3D capable external Blu-Ray drive.

I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing that, it's not a priority for me.

But it would be nice. I'd appreciate hearing from anybody who pursues this further.

Kelusion
Level 7
As far as I have spoken to the Asus person and knowing it myself, there is no 3D JZ Version with the 3D Screen, yes using it with a Dislplay Port is another story altogether which I am sure someone can answer, if he/she has used it, cause I haven't tried it, mainly 3D for me is not required because I don't use it and have no preference for it 🙂 however if some users like it, I think they can try the Display Port feature until they release a version of JZ with it later on.
Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

I don't care about the 3D but i need that 120Hz screen and a good CPU.

Ukingmaster wrote:
I don't care about the 3D but i need that 120Hz screen and a good CPU.

Then you'll have to look into other options. Dell, MSI, Sager, ect.

Asus only uses a 4700, which is more than enough for gaming. And as already stated, the newer JM/JS/JZ models don't offer a 3d screen. And only the 3d screens come with 120hz.

I dont know if this is new info for you, but the matte screen (60hz) can be oc'ed to run at higher hz. i used to run on 120 on my old 2233rz, then upgraded to asus' 27" 144hz model. But when i switched from desktop to my laptop i noticed my screen didnt have Thunderbolt and i was SOOOOO dissapointed.
Then someone on this forum told me about the ability to OC the screen and i must say, i am impressed. 91hz feels almost like 120 to me now. All the 60hz jitter is gone when playing fast paced fps (Quake Live, BF4, CS etc.) Also in LoL i cant feel the difference when moving around the map.

From the Happy long time HARDCORE gamer 🙂

(Asus G750JH 780m GTX)