cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JZ not recognizing AC power supply not Powering on or Charging battery

RitterbrÃ_der
Level 7
The laptop would not recognize the adapter and I am not able to charge my battery or powering it on without the battery. A few months ago it started not recognising the mains power, the charger was plugged in the red/green led was lit but from nowhere the laptop doesn't recognize the ac charger is plugged in and the power cuts off stops charging the battery and the charging led turns off but the ac adapter is plugged in and it just stop receiving power from it. Its the 3rd time this happens the 2nd time it happened it "fixed itself" after 4-6hrs I turned off the laptop and left it plugged hopping after some time the laptop will recognize the ac adapter again and that worked now after about a month after this happens again and this time took 16hrs! for the laptop to recognize the ac adapter was plugged in but this time it did not "fixed" completely while gaming the laptop randomly started to switch between I know the ac is plugged in and I don't recognize the ac adapter even when it is plugged in. This last a few secs the laptop is fine thn for about 3-8 secs it doesn't recognize the ac adapter plugged in after those secs it goes back to normal the ac adapter is plugged in. Excuse me for my english I don't really know how to describe this problem better than this even in my mother tongue I couldn't describe it better but I need help with this problem, if any of you know how can I fix this or where I can find a possible fix please tell me.
Last things to mentions are:

- The ac adapter is new checked the led is ok and measured with multimeter everything is OK
- the battery holds a good charge even its more than 2 years old the battery is in good condition
- 1st time this happened I sent the laptop to a technician to check the dc power jack it was ok
- I really doubt this is a hardware problem i should mention that my laptop is running windows 10 it had win 8 from factory I never updated BIOS or any other drivers besides NVIDIA and Audio drivers plus win 10 auto updates

Hope someone can help me. Thank you all in advance
4 REPLIES 4

Bill
Level 7
Ritterbrüder wrote:
The laptop would not recognize the adapter and I am not able to charge my battery or powering it on without the battery. A few months ago it started not recognising the mains power, the charger was plugged in the red/green led was lit but from nowhere the laptop doesn't recognize the ac charger is plugged in and the power cuts off stops charging the battery and the charging led turns off but the ac adapter is plugged in and it just stop receiving power from it. Its the 3rd time this happens the 2nd time it happened it "fixed itself" after 4-6hrs I turned off the laptop and left it plugged hopping after some time the laptop will recognize the ac adapter again and that worked now after about a month after this happens again and this time took 16hrs! for the laptop to recognize the ac adapter was plugged in but this time it did not "fixed" completely while gaming the laptop randomly started to switch between I know the ac is plugged in and I don't recognize the ac adapter even when it is plugged in. This last a few secs the laptop is fine thn for about 3-8 secs it doesn't recognize the ac adapter plugged in after those secs it goes back to normal the ac adapter is plugged in. Excuse me for my english I don't really know how to describe this problem better than this even in my mother tongue I couldn't describe it better but I need help with this problem, if any of you know how can I fix this or where I can find a possible fix please tell me.
Last things to mentions are:

- The ac adapter is new checked the led is ok and measured with multimeter everything is OK
- the battery holds a good charge even its more than 2 years old the battery is in good condition
- 1st time this happened I sent the laptop to a technician to check the dc power jack it was ok
- I really doubt this is a hardware problem i should mention that my laptop is running windows 10 it had win 8 from factory I never updated BIOS or any other drivers besides NVIDIA and Audio drivers plus win 10 auto updates

Hope someone can help me. Thank you all in advance

Hello Ritterbrüder
Have you tried cross examine your device and the adapter?
Try use a different AC adapter to charge your laptop
and use your original adapter to charge other computer and see the results
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello Ritterbrüder
Have you tried cross examine your device and the adapter?
Try use a different AC adapter to charge your laptop
and use your original adapter to charge other computer and see the results
Thank you

1. I dont know what cross examine is, the internet says its to interrogate a witness so dont know what you tried to say there but as I said in the main post I checked both the Pc and adapter both seem fine in hardware related health.

2. I already did that when I bought a new adapter I plugged it in the day it arrived still nothing the laptop wont recognize its plugged and wont charge the battery or turn on without a battery. I cant use my adapters in other computers I only have two laptops, my Asus and an Acer and the Acer laptop its only 90W I cant use a 230W adapter in anything else since nothing else requires so much power.

3. It was fine again for two days Im more convinced now that is not a hardware problem, these past 2 days the laptop was fine like nothing because it was in High Performance option (I uninstalled ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid 'cause I tough that was the problem) I could unplugged it and plug it again with no problem but unfortunately for me when I was using it I accidentally unplugged it when it was on and the problem came back the laptop seemed stable when it was in High performance this problem happened more when it was in Balanced or Power Saver modes.

4. When the laptop was fine and with the adapter plugged in I moved the laptop in almost every way possible together with the adapter cord and it never stopped charging the battery and was giving the laptop electricity completely fine so at least in my eyes I cant be a hardware problem if it was this problem would fix it I twist the adapter cord or try to move the DC power jack and then the laptop starts to charge but that is not the case. I dont know if there is some safety feature that reads wrong the adapter and automatically shuts down the power despites being plugged in for some reason but as I described here all the roads with this problem make me belive is not a hardware related problem.

PLEASE I NEED HELP

If I can charge the laptop I cant use and this problem is driving me crazy because I never know when the laptop will decided to stop charging/receiving electricity and honestly I cant afford a new latop of the same level as my JZ right now so please help me fix the problem while the battery last.

Did you ever figure out the issue? My laptop has been doing the exact same thing over the past few months. It did it a few days ago and the AC adapter wouldn't power the laptop for around 14 hours. Everything is working normally now, I know that the AC adapter and the charging port is working fine, and my laptop runs smoothly. This is the 4th time this has happened, I'm getting pretty fed up with this laptop.

navis995
Level 11
I had the same thing, it turned out the connector was dead and had to be replaced.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD