cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX-CV038H and SAMSUNG SSD compatibility question

Xjanksej
Level 7
Hi everyone,
I just bought my G750JX-CV038H with 750GB HDD 7200 rpm.

Now I would replace the internal drive (WD7500BPKT) with SAMSUNG SSD internal 840 Pro Series Basic 2.5 - 512 GB (MZ-7PD512BW) as primary drive for OS and moving HDD to the other bay as storage disk.

Because the SSD I would buy is pretty expensive I would be sure that it's fully supported by the notebook itself, so I'm wondering if I can buy it safely or I have to withdraw to a 256 GB SSD Samsung Pro.

Thank you for support.
12 REPLIES 12

Flea0
Level 10
I have an 840 pro 128 GB and it works flawlessly. there is no reason why the 512 GB model shouldn't be compatible.
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

Xinc
Level 7
I'm pretty sure the 840 Pros will work fine.

I'm running 2 840 Evo 1TB units in my G750JH at the moment, no issues so far.

cosmicmango
Level 10
You shouldn't have any problems with the 840 Pro.

If you're not going to do a clean install of Windows 8 the easiest way to load the SDD is the Asus Backtracker you will need a 8GB to 16GB flash drive. You can download from the link below.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=480&m=ASUS+Backtracker&os=&hashedid=n%2fa
G752VY-DH72

B1g_Dav3
Level 7
Do you need a blank drive for the backtracker to work? Just got an SSD off a mate who upgraded their SSD after 2 days use of it lol.
ASUS ROG G750
Previous:
ASUS N55SF

New to this ere special gaming computer stuff, but trying to catch up 😛

B1g_Dav3 wrote:
Do you need a blank drive for the backtracker to work? Just got an SSD off a mate who upgraded their SSD after 2 days use of it lol.

With Backtracker it will delete everything on the flash drive so if you have data on it you should back it up.

Here's a simple how to.
1) Download and install the program
2) Run the program - it has instruction to help guide you through the installation
3) Swap out the HDD to the SDD - plug in the flash drive and turn it on. It will find everything and begin to install on the SDD.

If you have data on the SDD you should consider doing a secure erase before running the Backtracker program, that will put your SDD back to it's original condition.

Parted Magic works well, you can find it here.
http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=start

Also here is a you tube video for Parted Magic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udxNL6sCuDQ
G752VY-DH72

B1g_Dav3
Level 7
Much appreciated there! Never done anything with an SSD so I much appreciate the help.
ASUS ROG G750
Previous:
ASUS N55SF

New to this ere special gaming computer stuff, but trying to catch up 😛

Xjanksej
Level 7
Thanks everyone for support.
Especially cosmicmango for helpful walktrough post.

I was thinking about putting in 2x500gb samsung 840pro in raid 0

Why would you do that?
Jesse Pinkman: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."

Skinny Pete: "True that. Two of them bitches."

😄