cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW unusual heating

vinigb
Level 7
Hello,

I'm an owner of a G750JW and recently I've experienced some weird heating on my computer, usually it happens when watching streams or youtube videos, also when opening chrome (cpu usage spikes to around 70%, fan runs very noisily , but just for some moments after [10s maybe]), the heating temperature when using chrome + streams (twitch.tv so probably flash player) is 90C, regular use is 67C. Playing LOL/dota and some other games make it 75C.

I'd like to ask for help for you guys bec I have no idea what is going on, I just reset and refreshed my computer (using the windows option) and I still got the same problem going on. Also i've experience some audio lag, that goes if i reinstall some drivers, but reapers after a while.

edit: using windows 8.1, firefox also causes some heating but way less than when using chrome

Thanks and sorry for the english , not my first language.
2 REPLIES 2

vinigb
Level 7
update: Im trying to use the profile High performance instead of the power 4gear one, seems to be not heating with chrome and flash player!

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Chrome's a hog, anything under 80*C is normal for the G750's, 85*C is pushing it.

Flash player has ****tons of problems.. a simple flash game in Chrome ramps my CPU over 90*C too.