cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW Screen is Pixelating

JonnyQball79
Level 7
Hello everyone,

The screen on my G750JW is pixelating . 48864I am hoping that someone here has come across this problem and it can be fixed. After playing GTA5 with ram almost maxed out my screen started pixelating and now it wont go away. I have factory restored my pc, it transfers to my TV through hdmi cord. it only does this in windows tiles, apps and when using programs on desktop. Other than that Desktop looks great. When uninstalling Nvidia drivers the problem totally goes away until I have to restart and it comes back.
14 REPLIES 14

code9523 wrote:
Flashing bios will not help because this looks like hardware issue. Also your gpu has it own bios! I don't know how much will it cost. In my country reballing or replacing chip will cost from 50 - 100 usd may be a little more if you have high end gpu with expensive chip on it. Ask asus about cost you can ask how much will cost replacing the gpu I don't think they will reball it.

P.S. if you have warranty they should do it for free!

Well its barely a year old from best buy. I mean how can they tell me to send it in without giving me a price? What, are they gonna fix it and then charge me? It should be under manufacturer warranty right?

So I've found some graphics cards on ebay for $300. I don't want to send my laptop if its gonna cost more for Asus to do it.

It's covered under manufacture warranty call asus tell them your serial number and than ask them about your warranty. If your laptop is under warranty till now send it to them. I have a bit of experience in gpu chips))) I don't think you should by new gpu search in the net may be there is a local repair shop near you where guys can heat up your gpu on infrared soldering station to make bga balls become liquid and resolder or even reball it. This two ways should cost less than 300usd! I know a lot of people with reballed chips and their laptops and pc's works fine also some of the done it at home on a powerfull flash light but for me it's like trash)))
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

JonnyQball79 wrote:
So I've found some graphics cards on ebay for $300. I don't want to send my laptop if its gonna cost more for Asus to do it.

JonnyQball79 wrote:
Ok she is asking me to give all my info now for a RMA. So how much does this cost? I purchased this laptop last feb 20th from bestbuy. Flashing the BIOS didn't work.

JonnyQball79, work with Asus, don't worry they will repair it for you.

Asus don't know what is wrong now, they can't debug over the phone, and if you push them they may not fix it for free - give them a chance to look at it and just tell them to contact you to approve any charges before they do any work.

They will let you know what it costs before doing it, and if there is a charge and you don't want to pay it then they will ship it back.

It will cost more to purchase a new good GPU and any other parts needed to fix the problem. Asus has all the parts and skills to do it all at once there. You may need to try several things before finding the right fix. Asus can do it cheaper and better.

Work with them, Asus has done this thousands of times, and they will help you through the first time aok 🙂

JonnyQball79
Level 7
Ok so Asus repair center paid for the shipping down and back, only thing I had to pay for was the box from FedEx which was 100times better than the UPS box. They said they replaced the graphics card and will be shipped back on Monday. I do not know what everyone is saying about long waits. They fixed my laptop in 1 day. Cant wait to get it back.