cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW Screen is Pixelating

JonnyQball79
Level 7
Hello everyone,

The screen on my G750JW is pixelating . 48864I am hoping that someone here has come across this problem and it can be fixed. After playing GTA5 with ram almost maxed out my screen started pixelating and now it wont go away. I have factory restored my pc, it transfers to my TV through hdmi cord. it only does this in windows tiles, apps and when using programs on desktop. Other than that Desktop looks great. When uninstalling Nvidia drivers the problem totally goes away until I have to restart and it comes back.
14 REPLIES 14

hmscott
Level 12
JonnyQball79 wrote:
Hello everyone,

The screen on my G750JW is pixelating. I am hoping that someone here has come across this problem and it can be fixed. After playing GTA5 with ram almost maxed out my screen started pixelating and now it wont go away. I have factory restored my pc, it transfers to my TV through hdmi cord. it only does this in windows tiles, apps and when using programs on desktop. Other than that Desktop looks great. When uninstalling Nvidia drivers the problem totally goes away until I have to restart and it comes back.

JonnyQball79, try a Custom=>Clean (checkbox bottom left) to do a complete clean install of the driver using Nvidia's installer cleanup method - you will need to redo all of your Nvidia settings as defaults will be restored. Use , 357.12.

If that doesn't work, try running DDU in Windows Safe mode, then installing the latest Nvidia driver 357.12

Uninstalls Intel, ATI, and Nvidia drivers.

Wagnard Tools - Display Driver Uninstaller - DDU
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Please come back and let us know how it works out for you 🙂

JonnyQball79
Level 7
Thank you, I will start

JonnyQball79
Level 7
Ok so when it uninstalled the drivers the problem went away and as soon as it started reinstalling the drivers the problem came right back.

JonnyQball79 wrote:
Ok so when it uninstalled the drivers the problem went away and as soon as it started reinstalling the drivers the problem came right back.

JonnyQball79, sounds like it's time for an Asus RMA. Let them fix it, if you mess around trying to reheat BGA GPU solder connections Asus will never touch it again 🙂

Even if you are out of warranty, Asus should fix it for you. If you are in Warranty, there is no need for you to violate warranty and try to fix it yourself.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry describing the problem symptoms and what you did to try to fix it, and ask for a repair RMA. Attach photo's and screenshots as a zipfile attached to the TI.

Please come back and let us know how it works out 🙂

JonnyQball79
Level 7

code9523
Level 9
Looks like gpu chip has weak soldering point(s). You need to get it to service for reballing asap. Also heating it up on soldering station may help but no one knows for how long.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

JonnyQball79
Level 7
Well I can solder, how would I know if they're weak or not? can I open it up and just touch them (after its cooled down of course) and they'll be weak? The Asus rep said to flash my bios with tthe same bios I already have on here.

JonnyQball79
Level 7
Ok she is asking me to give all my info now for a RMA. So how much does this cost? I purchased this laptop last feb 20th from bestbuy. Flashing the BIOS didn't work.

JonnyQball79 wrote:
Ok she is asking me to give all my info now for a RMA. So how much does this cost? I purchased this laptop last feb 20th from bestbuy. Flashing the BIOS didn't work.

Flashing bios will not help because this looks like hardware issue. Also your gpu has it own bios! I don't know how much will it cost. In my country reballing or replacing chip will cost from 50 - 100 usd may be a little more if you have high end gpu with expensive chip on it. Ask asus about cost you can ask how much will cost replacing the gpu I don't think they will reball it.

P.S. if you have warranty they should do it for free!
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH