cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW HDD/SSD fail to show up on bios

gameybeets
Level 7
So I had the original 1TB HDD which was giving me problems (random freeze and I have to shut it down), and I replaced it with a SSD 250GB. It was working fine until I took it out of the bay to transfer some data to other computer. It wouldn't show up on the bios after I plug it back. I thought it was the SSD and just ordered another one (different model). I installed the windows and everything was going well for a couple of days. Then, all the sudden I saw the error msg on the screen about unexpected problems and windows has to shut down. Now, again my SSD won't show on the bios... 1st SSD is working fine on another computer right now...
Am I SOL now? pretty upset at this point, and can't find anyone having similar problem.:mad:
I have a ASUS service location near my place, and thinking about taking it there even though it's past warranty period.
Anyone has any similar problems?
3 REPLIES 3

gameybeets
Level 7
I just tried the 2nd bay, and it booted up fine. I will update once it fails again.

gameybeets wrote:
I just tried the 2nd bay, and it booted up fine. I will update once it fails again.

gameybeets, did you try the 1TB HDD in the 2nd bay to see if it works ok in that Bay? It might be that the 1st Bay interface has gone flaky...

You could try Restore Defaults in the BIOS followed by F10 to save the change, and see if that helps, as you swap the new SSD back to Bay 1

If it is still flaky, then I would file a Technical Inquiry for RMA to fix Bay 1, Asus is good about fixing those kind of problems even if you are just out of warranty. You would need to put in the original 1TB drive, and Asus might even replace that for you as well.

https://vip.asus.com <= create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry telling them how 3 different drives have tested intermittent in Bay1 but work fine in Bay - if thats how it turns out.

Please come back and let us know how it works out. 🙂

Light
Level 7
gameybeets, would you providing the following info please.

What software utility did you use to clone the data from the HDD to the SSD ?
Did you clone using an external caddy or between two internal HDD/SSD data storage slots ?
What were the error message(s) you had displayed ?
What make & model of SSD were you using when this problem occurred ?

Thanks.