cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JS weird sound and...

matau
Level 9
Hey guys!

Few weeks after i re-pasted my RoG i am experience weird problem. My laptop make a sound like the dvd-rom is getting open.

Its always random, while i browse or play games. Also i notice that when it makes that sound the dekstop get reset, the screen flash in

black and the icons and taskbar appears 1 seconds after the background is visible again.

Also i almost forgot to mention that i added more ram to my computer (2x new 8gb) and brand new ssd hard.

I am 100% sure that the sound comes from the cd-rom. Also it happens everytime when i open BurnInTest program. I can hear that sound but the screen does not flash up. Its weird.

The DVD-rom work perfectly. I have no idea whats going on.

Any ideas or advices?
6 REPLIES 6

Darnassus
Status Under Review
.. err.. you're the second one recently to talk about their CD Drive being retarded after a self-repair.

Could you operate the laptop for a few hours with the CD Drive ejected to confirm that it's really the problem in the first place?

I'm seriously stumped on what it could be.. but if your visuals are acting up, I have a bad feeling you've short circuited something by mistake.

I'm still trying to figure it out for the other guy.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?77261-G750JH-won-t-boot-black-screen-and-clicking-noise-com...

His case is far more serious however.

matau
Level 9
Ok i kept the CD tray open for few hours and i hear nothing. The problem is gone.

Now the question is how to fix my cd :)?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
matau wrote:
Ok i kept the CD tray open for few hours and i hear nothing. The problem is gone.

Now the question is how to fix my cd :)?

Okay that's good. Umm.. do you have any program that checks for discs in the tray? Like iTunes? Any image mounts?

matau
Level 9
Not really i am with win10, he has integrated reader for iso files.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
matau wrote:
Not really i am with win10, he has integrated reader for iso files.

Ah.. I should've asked if you're on Windows 10 or not in the first place.. ;d

It probably starts to seek when you open Windows Explorer, basically any file and folder.

Try this. Sit on your desktop with no program open.. then in a little while, open my computer or any files, just randomly go through files and see if the sound happens.

If it does, it's Windows 10 being retarded.

P.S. run a virus check just to be safe something's not trying to spread itself..

matau
Level 9
I think its from the windows because the sound comes when i start using browser, games, videos and other programs...