cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JM - screen goes to "blue-ish" while playing

SEnergy
Level 7
sometimes when I play the screen goes "blue-ish", like all colors are more to blue, happened right now with bf4 for like 2-3 sec, sometimes happens when I alttab from the game, but it is always "blue-ish" when I have dota2 on fullscreen, the colors are normal when it is on fullscreen windowed (borderless), what is causing that?
11,050 Views
23 REPLIES 23

xdon82
Level 7
- problem with drivers - reinstall [but before that uninstall actual, and install new one with clean installation option]
- temperatures are too high - blow [strongly] few times into vent to remove dust. Turn off any tweak
- the worst possible thing this is the beginning of the end of BGA - how long do You have this laptop ?

xdon82 wrote:
- problem with drivers - reinstall [but before that uninstall actual, and install new one with clean installation option]
- temperatures are too high - blow [strongly] few times into vent to remove dust. Turn off any tweak
- the worst possible thing this is the beginning of the end of BGA - how long do You have this laptop ?


- with what particular drivers? I just installed 337.88 from asus website, but this was doing on 332 too (or whatever was the original), but not as often
- temperatures are around 55degrees, so not high at all, as I said, I can just start dota2 in fullscreen and it's blueish, turn it do borderless and it's normal, again fullscreen and it's blueish again
- not even a week

xdon82
Level 7
Strange so uninstall and reinstall 337.88 - but clean installation - there is such option in the nvidia installator [custom installation]
if this wont help, then send the laptop to the service.

55 degrees of GPU during playing a game??? its impossible - too low. Check during gaming the temp of the GPU

xdon82 wrote:
Strange so unsintall and reinstall 337.88 - but clean installation - there is such option in the nvidia installator [custom installation]
if this wont help, then send the laptop to the service.


should I get the driver from nvidia site or the one modified by asus? (afaik the one from nvidia is causing BSOD)

temperature depends on the game, in BF4 it's ~70, in dota2 it's around 60... but as I said it's blueish all the time while dota2 is in fullscreen, even when I just started it

EDIT: here, whenever I go "fullscreen" instead of "borderless window" it will go blueish, however the colors on screenshot are normal, so an issue with display?
39525

xdon82
Level 7
asus do not modify nvidia drivers. doesnt matter. install the newest one . You can try beta driver.\ - of course beta is available only on Nvidia website
You have 2 GPUs? Optimus ?

Perhaps it is game error. Search the Google about it

xdon82 wrote:
asus do not modify nvidia drivers. doesnt matter. install the newest one . You can try beta driver.
You have 2 GPUs? Optimus ?


nope, single gtx860m, ill report after ill reinstall the driver

xdon82
Level 7
hmm gtx860m nice. by the way I wonder If you have played Watch Dogs. Can this GPU handle ultra details at fullHD? or only high ?
on my GTX760M I can play only on medium [but most games on high]

xdon82 wrote:
hmm gtx860m nice. by the way I wonder If you have played Watch Dogs. Can this GPU handle ultra details at fullHD? or only high ?
on my GTX760M I can play only on medium [but most games on high]


nope, I did not, but check out this page, there's a lot of information for all mobile graphic cards http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-860M.107794.0.html (at the bottom there are average FPS)

xdon82
Level 7
thx