cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JM No Power / Not Posting

Tecc1229
Level 7
Hello,

I have a ROG G750JM that is no longer turning on or posting. I have been looking for some sort of troubleshooting guide in respects to blink codes. The only thing I get out of it is, when the battery is connected and the power supply unit is connecting is a blink from the battery LED. It seems to blink on for 5 seconds and off for about 2 secs (Green Blink). I tore the unit down and tried disconnecting all non essential items IE USB controller board, card reader ETC. Reseated both DIMM's and video MXM card. Still no change. I also left the power adapter disconnected, main battery out and CMOS battery out with a paper clip jumping the terminals in the CMOS battery holder in hopes force a BIOS reset. To an avail. 🙂

Also checked all ports connected directly to the motherboard to rule out any ports being damaged or shorting out. (IE Damaged USB Port) Those looked perfect.

I do have some experience in PC / Laptop repair. I have just shy of 10 years repairing units at a shop here locally.

Ideas...Comments...Concerns... 🙂

Thanks

Oh, I also tried using a different power adapter while being slightly under powered in respects to amperage, in hopes to rule out a faulty power adapter. Same results.
2 REPLIES 2

Tecc1229
Level 7
UPDATE:

After leaving all power disconnected, main battery, and CMOS battery out, and using the JRST2001 and JRST2002 contacts on the bottom of the motherboard (near 2 channel DIMM's), the unit now power's on. It still wont post though.

Both fans kick on and the unit cycles after about 5 seconds, with nothing on screen. Possible motherboard or BIOS issue..?

Anyone run into similar issues?

Contacted a few companies for motherboard repair. Found one company that has a stated 95% or better success rate. (for what its worth, its a considerably cheaper than a replacement motherboard.) They charge $139 flat rate for repair, and nothing if they cannot repair it.

Will update with company info if they can repair it, for anyone else that may want or need the info.

Tecc1229 wrote:
UPDATE:

After leaving all power disconnected, main battery, and CMOS battery out, and using the JRST2001 and JRST2002 contacts on the bottom of the motherboard (near 2 channel DIMM's), the unit now power's on. It still wont post though.

Both fans kick on and the unit cycles after about 5 seconds, with nothing on screen. Possible motherboard or BIOS issue..?

Anyone run into similar issues?

Contacted a few companies for motherboard repair. Found one company that has a stated 95% or better success rate. (for what its worth, its a considerably cheaper than a replacement motherboard.) They charge $139 flat rate for repair, and nothing if they cannot repair it.

Will update with company info if they can repair it, for anyone else that may want or need the info.

try doing the following:
disconnect all usb and thunderbolt devices also any monitors
connect the ac adapter
try to start
if no success open the back panel and take out the hdd and try to start your rog
if no success take out the RAM modules and see if it starts
if still no success you need to dismount your laptop to find 2 ram modules hidden under the keyboard maybe one of them became faulty what prevents your system form start.
also check the case of your laptop if you see scratches and evidences that your rog has fell find an apropriate service centre to check motherboard for cracks.

Good Luck!