cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JH Video Lagging Problem !!!

CaptainFlint
Level 7
i recently purchesed the G750JH model. i have it for a week now.
i really amazed by the force of this beast!!
i have windows 8.1. the problem is i have with the system is Video problems. after playing movies, even if it's in games' websites or even media player, no matter where, after 2 min of playing videos, the video starts lagging really bad. only after i move the mouse or i tap on any key it returns to play normally.
I found out that if I remove NVIDIA drivers the problem is fixed.
So my question is how to fix it because staying without drivers is not an option.
7 REPLIES 7

getjohnalive
Level 7
install the latest NVidia graphic driver, it may work...

Nehmia
Level 9
don't install the latest nVIDIA driver if you have the 3D version of this laptop otherwise you will screw it up badly beyond any repair

ensure you have the latest ASUS nVIDIA Drivers which is:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918132683.zip
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

Nehmia wrote:
don't install the latest nVIDIA driver if you have the 3D version of this laptop otherwise you will screw it up badly beyond any repair

ensure you have the latest ASUS nVIDIA Drivers which is:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918132683.zip

I have tried those drivers the problem isn't fixed

CaptainFlint wrote:
I have tried those drivers the problem isn't fixed

then format your laptop and do a clean install
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

CaptainFlint
Level 7
I don't think clean install will work as i said the problem is with NVIDIA drivers even if I install new windows the same thing will happen again.

CaptainFlint
Level 7
Anyone has other suggestions ? Its really annoying.

Mocronin
Level 7
Yeah I have the same problem, (G750JH 3D for that matter) everytime I watch something on youtube the video lags/stutters a couple of frames once every 2-5 minutes.
I have tried to reinstall most of my drivers but that stutter problem still persist and have not found an solution to this, although Im not too much bothered by this I can see why this is annoying.