cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JH not charging at all

xXLeonXx
Level 7
Hello guys,

I need help with my laptop for the past 5 months whenever I run any game the laptop AC power disconnect's and the laptop runs on battery some times it connects again sometimes i have to turn of the laptop and turn it on again, its so random keeps connecting and disconnecting FPS goes from 60+ to 1-20 I dont know whats causing it. I dissembled the laptop and couldn't figure out what was causing the problem it's so random.

But last week the laptop stopped charging at all and I cant even run it on power only it's like there is no electricity going through it so I dont understand what is it exactly is it the AC adapter is it the mother board is it something else I have no idea and its driving me crazy.

Thank you
10 REPLIES 10

navis995
Level 11
Probably charging jack needs replacement. You can buy a new board off ebay or just the plug and solder it yourself.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

navis995 wrote:
Probably charging jack needs replacement. You can buy a new board off ebay or just the plug and solder it yourself.

Is there any way I can make sure it's the charging jack and not the AC adapter or the mother board? I have had this laptop for almost 7 years it served me well I might as well change it because most of the parts are expensive the jack is 40 euros the AC adapter is 120 euros and the mother board is almost 200 euros I dont want to purchase the Jack then find out that the problem is something else

Is the DC-IN Jack warm/hot when the charging brick plug is plugged in? If so replace the DC-IN Jack.

Use voltmeter to confirm voltage output of the charging brick (the specs are on the bottom of the charging brick). If voltage is within the written specs then the charging brick is OK.

What results are you seeing when the charging brick plug and wire are moved while plugged into the DC-IN Jack? Compare to same action while attached to the voltmeter? Replace parts as your testing isolates the problem.

Personally, I replace laptop batteries about every 4-5 years of constant use and charging bricks every 6-7 years of constant use. I plug all my equipment into well-maintained backup UPS. The batteries in the backup UPS are replaced every 4-5 years as well. Here in northwest Florida, my UPS are used often (many power outages and lightening storms). I even have a large UPS on all my living room television equipment. My expensive electronic equipment is protected and can be powered for about an hour offline.

I'm not stating you should replace your laptop battery or charging brick now. The cost of battery/charging brick replacement must be weighed with the overall value of the laptop. If you are unsure, then take the laptop to a service center and have a tech check it out.

Basically the charging brick provides voltage, DC-IN jack provides a connection between the charging brick plug and the laptop, the actual battery charging is accomplished on the motherboard.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Is the DC-IN Jack warm/hot when the charging brick plug is plugged in? If so replace the DC-IN Jack.

Use voltmeter to confirm voltage output of the charging brick (the specs are on the bottom of the charging brick). If voltage is within the written specs then the charging brick is OK.

What results are you seeing when the charging brick plug and wire are moved while plugged into the DC-IN Jack? Compare to same action while attached to the voltmeter? Replace parts as your testing isolates the problem.

Personally, I replace laptop batteries about every 4-5 years of constant use and charging bricks every 6-7 years of constant use. I plug all my equipment into well-maintained backup UPS. The batteries in the backup UPS are replaced every 4-5 years as well. Here in northwest Florida, my UPS are used often (many power outages and lightening storms). I even have a large UPS on all my living room television equipment. My expensive electronic equipment is protected and can be powered for about an hour offline.

I'm not stating you should replace your laptop battery or charging brick now. The cost of battery/charging brick replacement must be weighed with the overall value of the laptop. If you are unsure, then take the laptop to a service center and have a tech check it out.

Basically the charging brick provides voltage, DC-IN jack provides a connection between the charging brick plug and the laptop, the actual battery charging is accomplished on the motherboard.

Good Luck
* No no heating in the jack, ust the power brick is hot.
**Thank you very useful information yea it’s been seven years now of constant use I changed the battery once but I still have the same power brick so it might be the problem I don’t know maybe I have bad electricity which is not providing enough power but I don’t think that’s the case because I have been using the laptop fine for the past 7 years **

navis995
Level 11
You dont need a whole motherboard, just the charging pcb board, that is 50ish €. You can test the adapter with voltage meter and see but i have no idea how that works so you'll have to figure that out on your own.
Asus Rog G750JZ

navis995 wrote:
You dont need a whole motherboard, just the charging pcb board, that is 50ish €. You can test the adapter with voltage meter and see but i have no idea how that works so you'll have to figure that out on your own.

**I just took the power jack(disassembled the laptop) to a technician and he told me it’s working perfectly fine and he asked me to bring him the whole laptop So I ll let everyone know how it goes because I see that many people have encountered this issue.*

xXLeonXx
Level 7
Update: I just assembled the laptop so I can take it to the technician tomorrow, but now it’s charging when it’s turned off only once I power it on it stops charging immediately any ideas?*

xXLeonXx wrote:
Update: I just assembled the laptop so I can take it to the technician tomorrow, but now it’s charging when it’s turned off only once I power it on it stops charging immediately any ideas?*

Ugh, that sounds like motherboard issue. Hopefully you test the adapter and find out its that because the motherboard will be 150€ at minimum plus taxes and import charges if you're form EU.
Asus Rog G750JZ

navis995 wrote:
Ugh, that sounds like motherboard issue. Hopefully you test the adapter and find out its that because the motherboard will be 150€ at minimum plus taxes and import charges if you're form EU.

yea that’s true they just called me and said it’s a motherboard problem and they will repair it and not change it for 250 € should I go for it or order a new mother board and assemble it my self?*