cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750jh motherboard replacement needed

Nizarc
Level 7
I need a motherboard for the g750jh series, I recently purchased the laptop for a good price knowing the motherboard needs to be replaced, I can't seem to find it anywhere online. Also when I took it apart I noticed it says g750jw mainboard rev 2.1, is this even the right mother board. Thanks
39 REPLIES 39

Areosjc
Level 8
Hi man, I´m sorry you can find any motherboard for your laptop but, I came to this thread because I´m curious about the motherboard your JH had on in, I think the motherboard you have is the correct part, my JX had also a JW motherboard just with the JX BIOS on it, if you could take some pictures of the JW motherboard on the JH case you will help me understand how Asus build the whole G750 series, my theory is all the G750 models share the same motherboard just with different bios.

Areosjc wrote:
Hi man, I´m sorry you can find any motherboard for your laptop but, I came to this thread because I´m curious about the motherboard your JH had on in, I think the motherboard you have is the correct part, my JX had also a JW motherboard just with the JX BIOS on it, if you could take some pictures of the JW motherboard on the JH case you will help me understand how Asus build the whole G750 series, my theory is all the G750 models share the same motherboard just with different bios.

True!
I also replaced a mother board in g750jh and it was G750JW Board Rev 2.1 PCB made in China ))) You can order used on ebay from Jw Jx or other but only one thing that you'll need it's flashing BIOS using afudos because your board will not recognize GPU.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

so you have done the flash on a JW motherboard to use the jh bios????

If so this will answer the question I have about upgrading the card from my g750JX to a 780M, I´ll only need to know how to change the bios to a JH one, and it will work. Please give more details about it.

Good luck

code9523 wrote:
True!
I also replaced a mother board in g750jh and it was G750JW Board Rev 2.1 PCB made in China ))) You can order used on ebay from Jw Jx or other but only one thing that you'll need it's flashing BIOS using afudos because your board will not recognize GPU.

Thanks I just ordered one on eBay and will try replacing the one I have. thanks again for all the useful information it's hard to find any information about this any where online

Nizarc wrote:
Thanks I just ordered one on eBay and will try replacing the one I have. thanks again for all the useful information it's hard to find any information about this any where online

Please come back and share your results here as soon as you try it, and please take pictures of everything inside the laptop, I would like to compare the DC In piece and the power button pcb.

Thank you!!!

Good Luck!!!

code9523 wrote:
True!

Can you swap out a G750JM board with a JZ board? What will be different? I've found a REV2.0 with a better cpu and the 880m's are sold separately. Is it possible to put the two together and put it into my G750Jm? Thanks

code9523
Level 9
P.S. By the way I can buy your's dead motherboard for parts))) PM me.

beatc
Level 7
how to check which version motherboard do you have?

Areosjc wrote:
so you have done the flash on a JW motherboard to use the jh bios????

If so this will answer the question I have about upgrading the card from my g750JX to a 780M, I´ll only need to know how to change the bios to a JH one, and it will work. Please give more details about it.

Good luck

You cant fit GTX 780 in G750JX because cooling and bottom part are different! G750JX is slim profile and G750JH is fat one and gtx 780 needs more air to be cooled.

beatc wrote:
how to check which version motherboard do you have?

The only way to know it is to remove keyboard module.