cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 Waves MaxxAudio gone??? [solved ?]

x70xchallengerx
Level 8
EDIT: SOLVED: (cred adamsyes)

Updated Thread: I found out that by downloading the lastest driver of our realtek sound card go here

>>>LINK<<<

the lastest starting from .9540 version and up has ROG skin Waves Maxxaudio.

Don't bother with Version V6.0.1.7016 yet however, because it increases cpu usage and is buggy.

including many fixes and sound improvement !

Cheers 🙂 they do not require to delete the config file. lastests will come already fixed.

(I don't know how to change thread title, or if i can, mod please change to "Waves MaxxAudio problems solved")
-- original issue below --

So the "Waves MaxxAudio" EQ/Software for audio that came with the computer, is a great program... but I noticed the "advanced" tab was missing as compared to the image displayed on the G750 promo page (take a look for urself) so I went and downloaded the newer version from the G750 drivers page (from V6.0.1.6870 TO V6.0.1.6909) and installed it....

Well after installing and restarting my PC, the waves MaxxAudio control panel is completely gone. sound is flat, tinny with boomy mids/lows (as if clicking flat preset in maxxaudio) The MaxxAudio window can be opened but it says something about missing hardware (i can't remember), so I decided to go ahead and install the old one back, and now the control panel won't open at all, maxxaudio doesn't exist 😕

Idk what to do, the speakers sound like crap without one of the presets on, to be honest... can anyone offer any help??

or if someone has been lucky enough to discover anything, any chances of another waves EQ with more custom settings??
Asus G750JW-DB71
162 REPLIES 162

Open control panel > (your audio manager, mine is Realtek HD audio manager) > Speakers > audiowizard > Launch
This will automatically fix the Maxx Audio problem

Dr4g0n36
Level 10
Today with the Windows 10 update all panel from Maxxaudio (ROG Panel) were uninstalled automatically during refresh. Trying to reinstall "old" Realtek package with Maxxaudio insert result in bad, bad sound and no panel at all. I'll hope ASUS or Microsoft fix it ASAP.

Model: G750Jx

Drivers tested: all from G75/G750/G751 page

Dr4g0n36 wrote:
Today with the Windows 10 update all panel from Maxxaudio (ROG Panel) were uninstalled automatically during refresh. Trying to reinstall "old" Realtek package with Maxxaudio insert result in bad, bad sound and no panel at all. I'll hope ASUS or Microsoft fix it ASAP.

Model: G750Jx

Drivers tested: all from G75/G750/G751 page

same here... no HD Audio manager/ audiowizzard, no maxxaudio...
model G750Jw
tested all audio drivers for g750 from support site

psychonaut
Level 7
Same here, no MaxxAudio after Windows 10 upgrade. n551jk. 😞 😞 😞

aframo
Level 7
same here, no maxxaudio after W10 update, G750JM

lonelymagician9
Level 7
same here, after updating windows 10 my maxxaudio is blank, no button to config, N550JV

SiTWulf
Level 7
WARNING!!!... using a Windows 8.1 Drivers will downgrade your audio to DirectX11... more problems...

Windows 8.1 Driver:

Windows 10 Driver:

HHover
Level 7
Having a Sound driver that uses an old directX version is not a problem, as if you get your sound features back.
I got my Asus G56JR sound features back on windows 10 with this driver version.
Downloaded From Asus Support the ROG G750JH sound driver from windows 8.1 worked on my G56JR
version :V6.0.1.7095

Give it a try had worked with other Asus laptops.

aframo
Level 7
I tried several old drivers, also contacted asus and they sent me a package for w10 drivers... but wasent able to install them in some strange way.

Anyway, I uninstalled realtek drivers, also went through all folders and removed all REALTEK ones i could find, empty recycle bin.
Restarted system
Installed Win81_61_ver6017469

Now it works as before with maxxaudio and the asus logo 🙂

http://i.imgur.com/h2tNFOc.jpg

SiTWulf
Level 7
Ok, i get it too!

Is really easy to get it...
Check this post: Here!