cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 Waves MaxxAudio gone??? [solved ?]

x70xchallengerx
Level 8
EDIT: SOLVED: (cred adamsyes)

Updated Thread: I found out that by downloading the lastest driver of our realtek sound card go here

>>>LINK<<<

the lastest starting from .9540 version and up has ROG skin Waves Maxxaudio.

Don't bother with Version V6.0.1.7016 yet however, because it increases cpu usage and is buggy.

including many fixes and sound improvement !

Cheers 🙂 they do not require to delete the config file. lastests will come already fixed.

(I don't know how to change thread title, or if i can, mod please change to "Waves MaxxAudio problems solved")
-- original issue below --

So the "Waves MaxxAudio" EQ/Software for audio that came with the computer, is a great program... but I noticed the "advanced" tab was missing as compared to the image displayed on the G750 promo page (take a look for urself) so I went and downloaded the newer version from the G750 drivers page (from V6.0.1.6870 TO V6.0.1.6909) and installed it....

Well after installing and restarting my PC, the waves MaxxAudio control panel is completely gone. sound is flat, tinny with boomy mids/lows (as if clicking flat preset in maxxaudio) The MaxxAudio window can be opened but it says something about missing hardware (i can't remember), so I decided to go ahead and install the old one back, and now the control panel won't open at all, maxxaudio doesn't exist 😕

Idk what to do, the speakers sound like crap without one of the presets on, to be honest... can anyone offer any help??

or if someone has been lucky enough to discover anything, any chances of another waves EQ with more custom settings??
Asus G750JW-DB71
162 REPLIES 162

Thanks hmscott afain for everything. I tried all that,even with the older drivers. I even cleared my registry and manually deleted the realtek folder after uninstalation,and reboot. Then installed the new one. Now i cant even find realtek control panel in windows 8.1 search, waves maxx audio doesnt work,its just white or hardware not supported. I had an old old driver before where i had even the rog skin maxx audio,but now i updated and i dont have It anymore,and i cant remember the version 😞
I must have something to engross my thoughts, some object in life which will fill this vacuum, and prevent this sad wearing away of the heart.

Unlucky wrote:
Thanks hmscott afain for everything. I tried all that,even with the older drivers. I even cleared my registry and manually deleted the realtek folder after uninstalation,and reboot. Then installed the new one. Now i cant even find realtek control panel in windows 8.1 search, waves maxx audio doesnt work,its just white or hardware not supported. I had an old old driver before where i had even the rog skin maxx audio,but now i updated and i dont have It anymore,and i cant remember the version 😞

Unlucky, there have been reports long ago describing when the install gets corrupted, and the new installers can't make it right, the only way to fix that has been an F9 reset back to the out of the box configuration.

I don't know of a way to clean it up without a reinstall, the number of changes / registry edits would be daunting.

The F9 reset will delete existing partitions, so be sure to backup all your stuff before doing the F9 reset.

Do all of the Windows 8 updates (if you have a JW/JX/JH), then upgrade to Windows 8.1, and then do all of the Windows 8.1 updates and install the latest Windows 8.1 drivers along with the latest Realtek driver from Asus, 7459 as of this post.

Please let us know how it works out 🙂

Everything good now 🙂 And one more thing,i thought a sound is bad and crackling noise on a little bigger bass, then i realized It were the touchpad buttons vibrating,i put a little paper or something on them and its sounds great agan,nice celan sound .
I must have something to engross my thoughts, some object in life which will fill this vacuum, and prevent this sad wearing away of the heart.

Unlucky wrote:
Everything good now 🙂 And one more thing,i thought a sound is bad and crackling noise on a little bigger bass, then i realized It were the touchpad buttons vibrating,i put a little paper or something on them and its sounds great agan,nice celan sound .

Unlucky, nice to hear, what fixed AudioWizard for you?

I reinstalled my windwos partition, put windows 8.1 again on it,just installed the latest driver and all is fine 🙂

Asus_Man
Level 7
did anyone manage to test the latest driver available Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017496 from 2015.05.26. at this point i'm too afraid to uninstall my driver after having massive headaches trying to get waves audio back.

Even after all the hassle and million drivers and driver cleanings and re-drivers and doing what people say but no worky.., I found out that old restore point brought the waves Maxxaudio back fully working. This on G751 win8 and older Win7 laptop Asus N76VM . ( then i made backup of registry and all realtek folders and evrything O.O )

EliMi
Level 7
The link to the thread is broken, I still have this issue.. I've installed latest driver (.7520) and it did not install the AudioMaxx or at least it did, because if I try to force install it I get modify/repair/uninstall but the UI is not shown anywhere and i cannot find exe relevant to it.
Needless to say, modify / repair did not help.

sasan2048
Level 7
hi guy
my asus maxxafter very combat!is back but i havent control key under panel of wave maxx that choose sound source music and....what problems that?

Maxim2000
Level 7
Hi,
Since I have updated the drivers, I have no more MaxxAudio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but I still have no MaxxAudio. What should I do? I have a Asus G551JK.