cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 Processor stuck at .77Ghz when unplugged [solved w/new bios]

Musicmatters
Level 7
Experienced an unscheduled and unexpected shutdown today, after which Windows did yet another update Ever since then, the CPU has been stuck at .77GHz.

I've rebooted, shutdown, pulled the battery, and changed the power option to both high performance and the ASUS power gear settings to no avail.

Anyone know a solution to this problem?

TIA,

Craig

EDIT by cl-Albert: 1. Since the G750JW 208 bios was released first to solve this, there is also an alternate thread New 208 JX and 205 JH BIOS on support.asus.com for the G750JX and G750JH if anybody is interested.

2. Also, after you update the bios, if you have Power4Gear installed, don't forget to change the Power4Gear setting as mentioned by hmscott in this thread CPU still at .80 [solved]

3. Although it doesn't make a lot of sense, 1 member reported " the stress from folding did the trick" if anybody needs to try this: Funny thing happened with my core being stuck at .77 GhZ on battery
151 REPLIES 151

Well I have to correct myself. The BIOS version are targeted for specific model. The BIOS 208 is available only for G750JW and it is not applicable on other models. For the rest of us the issue is still not resolved.

Slavisha wrote:
There is no BIOS update for G750JX or JH only for JW model. I have 207 on my G750JX. Does these models share same BIOS? Is it safe for me to update the 208 on my G750JX?

DO NOT INSTALL BIOS FROM DIFFERENT VERSIONS. You can brick your computer. But Keep an eye... your BIOS update should be appearing soon.

B1g_Dav3
Level 7
How easy is this to do? Never done this sort of thing before.
ASUS ROG G750
Previous:
ASUS N55SF

New to this ere special gaming computer stuff, but trying to catch up 😛

B1g_Dav3 wrote:
How easy is this to do? Never done this sort of thing before.

It takes 5 min. Pretty simple.
Here is the guide:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37270-BIOS-Update-How-To&country=&status=

B1g_Dav3
Level 7
Is it pretty safe to do? Keep reading that you can mess your computer quite easily >_>
ASUS ROG G750
Previous:
ASUS N55SF

New to this ere special gaming computer stuff, but trying to catch up 😛

B1g_Dav3 wrote:
Is it pretty safe to do? Keep reading that you can mess your computer quite easily >_>

It's safe if you do it right.

bootyroast
Level 9
Waiting for the version for JX

bootyroast wrote:
Waiting for the version for JX

Yea me to brother. I wonder why would they push BIOS for one version but not for others.

Here aswell.

Jeracan
Level 7
Waiting for the JX model aswell, please scream out lout when it lands 🙂