cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 JH or JZ owners (with gtx880m)

dblkk
Level 7
What are your idle and/or especially gaming/full load gpu temps? And fan speeds while full load?
22 REPLIES 22

zinca
Level 7
well, try to tell your intentions

dblkk
Level 7
To compare with temp loads against 860m, 870m in rog jm and js series, as well as to compare against msi gt70/60, msi gs 60/70 with 870m, with 880m and alienware 17 880m models. Cant find anybody with a sager.

Trying to put all performance, price, temps, fan noise, build quality, features, and all from my past experiences, and then gain some other unknown elements.

But I take it you don't have a jh or jz? As if you did, my question was pretty straight forward. I want to know gpu temps on the 880m, as well as the 780m to compare between the new overclocked 780m rebranded 880m.

Also, if basing on game, could you include game? I know some like titanfall run way harder/hotter than a game like borderlands 2, but at same time titanfall vs crisis would also be difference as titanfall limits to 60fps, and what settings your on also.

dne0gen
Level 7
I own the JZ model and while gaming ( Watch dogs ) it doesn't pass 60 degrees celsius and fan speed goes to around 2700 RPM.

dne0gen wrote:
I own the JZ model and while gaming ( Watch dogs ) it doesn't pass 60 degrees celsius and fan speed goes to around 2700 RPM.

That's exceptional cooling, what cooling pad do you use?

dblkk
Level 7
gpu doesn't go above 60?

dblkk
Level 7
My JM 860m model was my coolest temp and that was 70-80c, My JS model with 870m stayed in the 80-85c range. But your beast of a graphics card consuming more wattage and putting out more heat than 860m or 870m can run 20c cooler, I want that cooling pad!

As you can see, just running a benchmark (now yes I know this isn't the same as gaming but gpu wise should be close since the gpu is made to run as fast as it can while gaming and should be within 5c) my max gtx 870m temps are 87c. And fan speed idle is 2200rpm, gaming without turning on max fans is 4600 rpm, max fans says 25500 rpm but don't believe that.

So I really don't understand how you can have a more power hungry graphics card, and run it over 25c cooler than mine, and have your fans at just above stock levels.

Could you please clarify?

dblkk
Level 7
Nevermind, that must be your idle temps then? As your gpu is running at th elowest gaming temps ive even seen for the new 800 series, and your fan speed is just over idle as well.

dne0gen
Level 7
Well I don't use any cooling pad right now, even tho I have one. I really can't tell you how it is done. Maybe my game is not so gpu demanding as the benchmark test? Also, I have everything set on high performance and nvidia settings are on performance as well. Sometimes when I am playing different games the laptop is so cold that I need to take of my hand for a second. When I had my old laptop it was the same, but the only difference was that it was too hot not too cold 😄
But other than that I really have no idea, maybe I should do a benchmark test?