cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 HDD randomly running at 100%

Jeremias
Level 7
I just got my G750 3 days ago, and it came with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and a 1TB HDD running at 7200rpm. I don't have any SSDs though. From the first day till today, I have had a few system processes randomly pushing my HDD to 100%, rendering my com incapable of playing any video games, from games such as Metro to even games that aren't even that computer intensive such as League of Legends, without spiking every few seconds.

Most of the time its just under "System" and for that, most of the time its pagefile.sys (and that can go up to 30mil B/s), but occasionally its other random things such as msfeedssync.exe, settingsynchost.exe, ntuser.dat, system volume information, appdata for chrome or some other random app. etcetc, all of which are definitely not supposed to hog up my HDD to 100%

svchost also occasionally hogs my HDD too.

I have not installed anything apart from steam, games from steam, LoL, and Avira Free Antivirus, neither have I gone to any websites apart from FB and YT and this asus forum, before this problem showed up, so I'm pretty sure it can't be malware or something along those lines.

Should i disable pagefile since 8GB should be enough RAM for gaming?

As a person who is using windows 8 for the first time, I am so tempted to downgrade to windows 7 which doesn't have so much bullsh*t in it. Please help, this is getting infuriating.
1 REPLY 1

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
This is just a wild guess, but if you haven't already, try to finish installing all the important Windows Updates (don't worry about the optional updates) and check the system again.