cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 power adapter is dead

yyz668
Level 7
My G75 power adapter just died on me. The green LED on the brick doesn't light up whenever i plug it into an outlet. I've had the laptop since June of last year and I was wondering what options do i have about replacing it. Can i get a replacement for free if I'm still under warranty or will I have to buy a new one? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

dstrakele
Level 14
It sounds like your laptop is still within the ASUS Warranty (most are covered for 1 year). The Warranty should cover the power adapter.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

gokica
Level 10
Just in case check the cable coming from the wall. Maybe it is the problem. Try with another.

Pitcher1
Level 9
check cable first, no problem, send back to asus service center to replace with in warranty.

Tomislav
Level 11
funny my adapter doesn't have led indicator.
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

I tried a different wire as well as a different outlet and no luck. Looks like I need to get a replacement :

Thanks for the help guys

yyz668
Level 7
One last question, will I have to send in the whole laptop or just the ac adapter? Thanks

rewben
Level 13
if you have an asus service center near your place, a better option is to call them first to set up an appointment to collect the adapter; they will place an order and let you know when to collect.

if not, send a message via vip.asus.com and ask if you really need to do that.