cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 Failed to start!

TokoDude
Level 10
Well hello there friends!

Well i got this problem that my OS won't boot any more.
This is because i changed the MSCONFIG booting with more processors and max RAM to check if it get a greater boot speed.

Well i reboot my pc and then it shows this:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/SRD_Error.jpg

Well i already tried these things below and they all failed:

---Go Back to an Restore point.
---CHDSK (Failed won't start the service)
---Start on safe mode and others modes failed.
---Tried to re-install OS gives an error that SSD/HDD is locked
(BIOS settings are fine and security is OFF Launch CSM ON)
----Formatted my 1 TB HDD and still can’t install there any OS because its GPT partition style it says.
---Automatic repair
---Removed my SSD and try to install OS on my HDD 1 TB.
---Default BIOS settings

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only options i have left to try is this:

---Restore to factory settings. (all my date and stuff will be gone.)
but i don't want to do that because i got few very important documents on my computer.
And stupid of me is that those documents are the only 1 i didn’t uploaded on my SkyDrive.

--- Send my laptop to ASUS.

--- Hit the computer with an hammer?

If you have any tips or other things i missed or did wrong tell me! (Sorry for my bad English!)
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
yes simply follow Rewben thread for guides. You will need to set up your install media USB Thumb Drive I suggest you use Rufus to do this for you.
You will need to set up your install media for UEFI GPT boot. If you didn't back up your files I suggest you pull your hard drive and put it on another computer and get them if possible. Otherwise you'll know better next time!
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

GottiBoi55
Level 10
First thing, all is not lost!!!
My advice to you for saving your "Data files"on your disabled drive get this powered
Hard Drive Enclosure.
All you really need is the "powered usb cable" that come with the hard drive enclosure so you can transfer, and make a backup of your data files.

The second thing you can use the same powered usb cable to ready your drive for the OS install.
This seems really simple, but it worked for me!!
On the same PC you are using to save and back up your data.
Next go to "Disk Management" once you backed up your data and select the drive and ready it for the OS by deleting all partitions!
Now this is where the simple part comes into the picture, just leave the whole drive UNALLOCATED!!!!
Next place drive back into your G75 (make sure it's the only drive installed), and do a "clean install" of the OS.
This procedure should do the trick for you my friend, and like I said it worked for me!!

PS: Hope you have the same success I did with this procedure!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Pitcher1
Level 9
you can into save mode, right, i think it is able to save your important data, restore factory reset, if all fail, sent to asus service cente.
if you can you can try any thing after save your important document, like change GPT partition to MBR.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
TokoDude wrote:
Well hello there friends!

Well i already tried these things below and they all failed:

(BIOS settings are fine and security is OFF Launch CSM ON)
----Formatted my 1 TB HDD and still can’t install there any OS because its GPT partition style it says.
---Removed my SSD and try to install OS on my HDD 1 TB.

Sounds like you have a spare 1TB hard drive that you don't mind erasing?
Expect you should be able to install Windows on a blank hard drive if you delete all the partitions/re-partition (don't just reformat the drive), so another idea to try if you haven't already?

TokoDude
Level 10
Oke guys first of all thank you extremely much for your help!

So i gave my SSD to my friend and he back upped my documents and then i had it back.
Well i just formatted my OS and re-installed my windows 8. (for some reason Windows 8.1 didn’t work it said i need to install it first while windows is on. so it's not yet optimized for disc boot installations.)

Clintlgm Yup gave my SSD to my friend and it's back upped thnx for the tip!

GottiBoi55 Wow didn’t even know that they sell these!
Good I’m going to order 1 it's very handful !!! not many laptops have 2 places for HDD/SSD and with that device backing the date up is much easyr

Pitcher@asus
Nope it's failing if i go into safe mode.
Restore factory reset even didn’t work 😛 it couldn't read my windows 8 disc or windows 8.1 (the boot disc is configured good by Microsoft so it's not the disc that causes this problem)

cl-Albert yeah i had 500 GB total in use on 1 TB drive but it was VMWARE OS and movies and many games and some other stuff. Well i just redownload those then XD.
Nope i really wasn't able to install windows on the HDD (couldn't remove the partitions only format them) i needed to format my OS portion before i can pass to starting the setup.

THNX ALL!
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung