Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 - audio system bugreport

bheam
Level 7
Hi,

There are 2 basic problems with the audio system, described as following:

1) When having external speakers/headset connected, and rebooting and/or resetting audio, the subwoofer plays audio still!
2) The main volume control doesn't affect subwoofer volume, until it's at 0! (It should always stay relative to other speakers value when in 2.1 mode)
2a) The main volume control DOES affect subwoofer volume in the case of #1.

So with this very specific bug report, when can we expect a fix?

Fix #1: Always disable subwoofer when external device connected
Fix #2: Make Subwoofer volume ALWAYS relative to treble speakers when in 2.1 mode (So lowering windows/master volume lowers all sound)

Best regards,

Michael
478 REPLIES 478

che0po wrote:
I know that the audio is not from asus , and via is working on it
but this issue is taking too much time : i mean , when you release a product with an issue , you do all u can to resolve it in some few days. specially when it s just a driver issue . If i were QA chef , since this bug is know from march , i ll pursue VIA to release a fix in less that 4 days XD

PS : there is an other issue , dunno if it s realted to the drivers , but the sound is not well graded . i mean even if you put sound in 1/100 , it is still quite loud . and their is a big difference betwin 1/100 to 10/100 than from 70/100 to 100/100 for example .

yes correct, the sound is too loud when volume set to low..is ahould be softer and equally adjusted between the volume range

che0po wrote:
I know that the audio is not from asus , and via is working on it
but this issue is taking too much time : i mean , when you release a product with an issue , you do all u can to resolve it in some few days. specially when it s just a driver issue . If i were QA chef , since this bug is know from march , i ll pursue VIA to release a fix in less that 4 days XD

just to let you know, the 10400 drivers solved all my problems *except* the lfe problem with the sub, but iam now able to contol the volume w/ he keys and the sub no longer plays when headphones are plugged in. try using a driver sweeper to get rid of your old drivers and reinstall 10400.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Jsl1ce wrote:
just to let you know, the 10400 drivers solved all my problems *except* the lfe problem with the sub, but iam now able to contol the volume w/ he keys and the sub no longer plays when headphones are plugged in. try using a driver sweeper to get rid of your old drivers and reinstall 10400.

same here..solved problem for me..but still many users cant solve it with the 10400

Arvinaaaaa wrote:
same here..solved problem for me..but still many users cant solve it with the 10400

yeah, i was thinking it might be because of the drivers not getting uninstalled properly, it might be worth it to try using a driver sweeper to get rid of any remnants of old drivers while in safe mode. this is what i normally do when installing new drivers.

Jsl1ce wrote:
yeah, i was thinking it might be because of the drivers not getting uninstalled properly, it might be worth it to try using a driver sweeper to get rid of any remnants of old drivers while in safe mode. this is what i normally do when installing new drivers.

i also removed the registry keys of the old driver using ccleaner before installing the new one

Arvinaaaaa wrote:
i also removed the registry keys of the old driver using ccleaner before installing the new one

yup, good thought, the driver sweeper I use does that but some dont, best to check to make sure.

Arvinaaaaa wrote:

I uninstalled 10400 on my G55, ran CCleaner on the register, rebooted, confirmed default drivers had been automatically installed, then reinstalled 10400. Still has the problems of clicking frequently, and defaulting to the internal speakers whenever I play a new video file when headphones are plugged in. I have to unplug the headphones and replug them for them to be recognised. So still waiting for the updated drivers.

Kirill2525
Level 7
what sweeper do you use?

kiba
Level 10
the guru3d one, its supposed to delete registry entries too, and it usually does, but of course its best to always check

Kirill2525
Level 7
ya thanks lol. checking is done how
?