cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Touchpad using both mouse buttons at once

Retired
Not applicable
I have a G74Sx with the Sentelic touchpad driver. I can't use the left and right mouse buttons simultaneously! When I hold them both, neither button activates. It makes playing MMO's difficult. I've looked for a setting but can't find one. Can this be remedied?
3 REPLIES 3

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Interesting....I don't think that question's come up before. When I have "explored" the various Sentelic drivers, there are sometimes options for customizing different kinds of actions, including button presses. I don't recall any option to assign an action to L+R simultaneously, which makes me doubt whether it's possible with this touchpad. You may have to resort to an external mouse for that function.

dstrakele
Level 14
I'm running the 9.1.7.7 driver. When I press both buttons simultaneously, the touchpad system tray icon registers both buttons. I don't believe it can emulate the middle button of a 3 button mouse, however. Is that what you want to do?

What version Sentelic driver are you running?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
I don't believe it can emulate the middle button of a 3 button mouse, however. Is that what you want to do?

No I don't think so. In most MMOs (like WoW and SWTOR) you can walk forward by pressing both mouse buttons and use the mouse to steer. This is not registered as a button 3, he just needs the hardware to acknowledge that he has pressed both buttons.

Optimo, I'm going to guess that you're having a driver issue. Check in your device manager to see if you have a synaptics or sentellic trackpad, then install the latest version of the appropriate driver. I believe there is a thread around here with links to the most stable drivers.

Edit: Bam. Found in the sticky thread. Although I am going to stress that you confirm whether you have a sentellics or synaptics, as installing the wrong driver could cause you more headaches. If you're unsure of how to tell please ask.

Edit again: Ok I just reread your post and noticed you explicitly mentioned a sentellics driver. Sorry about that, I will return to my coffee now.