cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx secondary hard drve adapter/cable

egaunnac
Level 7
Hello all, I recently traded my old laptop for an Asus G74SX, and I really want to add a second hard drive, but unfortunately the adapter/cable is missing.
I do have the metal bay for the hard drive, I am just missing the adapter board and cable that goes to motherboard.
I asked the previous owner if they still had it, and they don't think that they do.

It looks like the asus e-store has none available, and I cannot find any on ebay.

It would look like just like the one in this picture:

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE::: The previous owner managed to find the circuit board, and I ordered a ffc cable from mouser that has the same specs as the asus ffc cable. Wish me luck!

2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
egaunnac@gmail.com wrote:

Does anyone have one of these cables/adapter board that they would be willing to sell me?

Welcome to the forums!

We may not make it very well known, but unfortunately buying and selling is not allowed on the ROG forums (just in case there are any problems, etc.), but if you don't mind editing your post and removing that line, it will probably be okay if you just ask for help in locating those parts which somebody else can hopefully find online?

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

cl-Albert wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

We may not make it very well known, but unfortunately buying and selling is not allowed on the ROG forums (just in case there are any problems, etc.), but if you don't mind editing your post and removing that line, it will probably be okay if you just ask for help in locating those parts which somebody else can hopefully find online?

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

No, Problem.