cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx nvidia problem.

Oster
Level 7
Hi guys!
I had red this forum topics but didnt found problem that I have.
So, I have G74sx its about 5 month old. I cant overclock(gpu) it normally.
I saw other people info about 920\\\, 930.... core clock gaming with out any defects.
I can boost my 560gtx 3gb up to 860mhz core clock - this is my limit.
Im tryed to use Nvidia Inspector, Msi afterburner, Nvidia Performance all of them showing same results - driver stops to respond and was recovered, or game going to freeze.
I tryed to install oldest nvidia drivers - same sh**...
My GPU temp never ever gone above 65 C.
Please tell me what is the problem could be with my lap top? Or its just greit chineses assembly?

Ps: all the other drivers was updated with Asus Live update + Smart Driver Updater.
Devise manager showing thats all - OK.
Sorry for my poor english, Im from Ukraine.
5 REPLIES 5

illusion
Level 7
Try Driver 301.42
900/1800 is safe.

Both AMD and Nvidia have the driver stops to respond problem.
So there is nothing you can do to solve this problem. Just wait the newer driver.

illusion wrote:
Try Driver 301.42
900/1800 is safe.

Both AMD and Nvidia have the driver stops to respond problem.
So there is nothing you can do to solve this problem. Just wait the newer driver.

As I said - my safe zone 860 core...
ok, will wait for new drivers.
Thx.
Please dell this topik.

Kjetil95
Level 7
I have the same problem, when I try overcloking my gpu any over around 860 core clock, my gpu will either recover or sometimes my whole computer will freeze, forzing me to reboot. I think it depends on the game how much you can overclock. For exampel some games I can overclock more then other. It also depends on gpu stress and temp. Just because you have seen others succesfuully overclocked their gpus at a higer clock doesnt mean that you can. Every gpu has its own limits. But i am wondering why my computer freezes, it should be able to recover.
Asus G74sx

Core i7 2630qm, GTX 560M 3GB, 120GB SSD, Intel 6230 wifi, 8gb 1600mhz.

Kjetil95 wrote:
I have the same problem, when I try overcloking my gpu any over around 860 core clock, my gpu will either recover or sometimes my whole computer will freeze, forzing me to reboot. I think it depends on the game how much you can overclock. For exampel some games I can overclock more then other. It also depends on gpu stress and temp. Just because you have seen others succesfuully overclocked their gpus at a higer clock doesnt mean that you can. Every gpu has its own limits. But i am wondering why my computer freezes, it should be able to recover.

I think its all about assembly. My previous g73jw was traveled to my from NY. There was no problem with overclocking according to this rog forum. But this g74 is diferent... I hope new nvidia drivers will correct my problem.
Thx to all.

Oster wrote:
I think its all about assembly. My previous g73jw was traveled to my from NY. There was no problem with overclocking according to this rog forum. But this g74 is diferent... I hope new nvidia drivers will correct my problem.
Thx to all.

There are differences in manufacturing, so each card is slightly different. Normally, the clock speeds are kept low enough that this does not appear. As you crank up the clock speeds, the chips undergo more stress, which is why they lock up the driver. Freezing occurs because video drivers are extremely complex and do some very low-level access to the computer, which if something happens during one of those times, can cause the computer to lock up.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23