cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX HIbernation/SLeep

Wuensch
Level 7
Hey all,

first time poster. I've looked through the forums and did some Googling the past week for a solution to the problem, but do not see a clear cut answer. There probably isn't a solution/workaround for this, but I figured I"d ask anyway.

I just bought a refurb G74sx from Newegg.com. The computer is awesome! Plays games flawlessly on high settings. I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun with this machine. However, the only issue I have (aside from the keyboard, but I'll deal) is that after I sleep or hibernate and then resume using my computer I'll get one of the following occurrences:

1. Laptop display will not register initially. I'll type in my password, hear the login sounds, and then eventually it will come on with an NVidia doesn't play nice with Windows Kernel error message. This does not happen all the time and is actually the least of my issues, but worth mentioning.

2. After waking the mouse will flicker and the mouse graphic won't change like it's supposed to. It's a little off point, like it needs to be calibrated.

3. Some times after the wake up the computer will intermittently freeze for 1 - 2 seconds.

When the computer is cold booted it works flawlessly. I'm currently using the 304.79 driver with a clean install of Windows 7 Pro. The drivers listed on the Asus site for my computer caused the NVidia/Windows Kernel error frequently so I updated to the beta driver and that solved most the issues. I installed ATKPackage driver and a few others to get functionality out of the laptop, but no other Asus software.

I'm not opposed to a cold boot every time, but in an effort to try and make everything work as intended I'd like to find a solution if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

dstrakele
Level 14
Is IASTOR.SYS from the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver installed on your system? If so, does rolling back to the Windows driver resolve your issue?

Check out @ddubs88's post ( http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11409-G74SX-Freezes-shortly-after-sleep-hibernate&p=92434&v...) on an IASTOR regedit tweak to resolve the issue. Alternatively, uninstalling it should also work.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I apologize for the late response. I'm at work now, but I will check and get back to you asap. Thanks!