cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SW-BBK8 touchpad, I am thinking I hate it

Kipper
Level 10
OK, after reading for hours I still cannot figure out how to solve my problem.

Figured out that I have the Sentelic touchpad and have the 9177 drivers installed for it but going into the control panel under mouse I am able to open the configuration window found in its properties.

So I cannot turn the dam touchpad off while I am typing and when I look up on the screen to see my work it looks like a oriental road map (Sorry Brian) LOL.

Anyone have any words of wisdom for me????????????

Thanks in advance, I know several of you laptop folks know how to fix this operator induced problem.
15 REPLIES 15

Kipper wrote:
I got the ATK and sentelic driver uninstalled but dam if I can located that last one.

The 1.0.0.3 KB Filter driver should uninstall when you remove the ATK Package and be replaced by the Microsoft Plug N Play driver on restart. I think you may be ready to reinstall the ATK Package and Sentelic driver. Let us know how it goes.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Kipper
Level 10
Have to run to town but I will reinstall the drivers later this evening and see whats up and post back.

Bout ready to duct tape over the dam touchpad now or shoot the dam thing for all the trouble it is causing me. LOL

JRd1st
Level 12
Go into Control Panel >> Keyboard >> Hardware >> then click on Keyboard Device Filter then properties and drivers. It should show ATK and 1.0.0.3
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

PILGRIM
Level 11
When I'm typing, I disable/enable the touch pad (fn + f9) to avoid unnecessary problems. I use a USB mouse instead.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Kipper
Level 10
Rep given guys, except JR. Dam system is stingy and says I have to spread the wealth before I can rep you again.

You guys helping other members is what makes this forum one of the best if not the best I have worked with; we have some very knowledgeable and helpful members here for sure.

380mcn
Level 9
you have an option with disables the touchpad when you are writing. i believe the standard is 0,5 seconds, which means when you're typing the touch doesn't work. when you stop type, 0,5 seconds later the touchpade resumes..
i don't have the option ASUS SMARTSENSE lol.. probably that's why my touchpad works great! lol