cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74S issues.... NEED HEEEEELP!

flerry
Level 7
Hello everyone, I'm new around here.

I Have a tight schedule and haven't been able to look around for my answers in different threads. I hope I'm not reposting issues that have already been discussed but I kind of f-ed up.

I own a G74S and started seeing these issues around 3 months ago.

First as I played my games I noticed that throughout all of them I couldn't run and jump at the same time if I pressed the "W" key to run. This happens in WOW, D&D Neverwinter, Battlefield, etc.

Then I noticed that my computer would start opening searches erratically and uncontrollably at times being just at my homepage or in a internet browser. This started getting very annoying as I believed it was a virus of some sort but my I couldn't find it in any of the different anti-viruses that I tried. At the time this happened I was paying for the default anti-virus that came with the computer, then switched to avg, still no success.

So I did what I thought was best. Upgrade from windows 7 to 8 and start fresh.

It didn't help at all and now my computer won't even acknowledge itself as a ASUS computer. Most of my keyboard functionality is gone too and my games just look disgusting for the power this computer has.

I'm not big at IT stuff. If you know how to fix these issues please walk me through it step by step.

Thank you for reading.
10 REPLIES 10

flerry
Level 7
I've come to the same conclusions about win 8 the more I get to use it.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond. Life has gotten in the way. I Will probably end up going back to win 7 and see if the problem persists.

Thank you all for the great input. I'll respond soon with the results.