cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74 SATA Interface

Norsky48
Level 7
Does anybody know which interface the G74 uses for hdds? I am contemplating installing an SSD for the boot drive and would like to know if its worth the extra $ to go for a SATA III (6gbs) ? Thanks for your help!!
Norsky48

G750JX, 32GB, 256GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Blu-Ray Burner
AMERICA: Stirred, Not Shaken!
6,612 Views
6 REPLIES 6

grungeboy2
Level 10
a little unsure. the g51 uses sata 2, but not 3.
__________________________________________________________________
dstrakele wrote:
I just blow the flames out and keep playin'....

Think yes because all second generation intel support it. And for example on gentechpc.com you can customize g74 with sata 3 hdd.
ASUS G 74SX - 3DE

deal wrote:
Think yes because all second generation intel support it. And for example on gentechpc.com you can customize g74 with sata 3 hdd.


I wouldn't take their configuration page as confirmation. Yes it's compatible but that doesn't mean it will operate at III speeds.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I wouldn't take their configuration page as confirmation. Yes it's compatible but that doesn't mean it will operate at III speeds.




Thanks everyone. I tend to agree with xer0. Compatible yes, but...
Norsky48

G750JX, 32GB, 256GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Blu-Ray Burner
AMERICA: Stirred, Not Shaken!

xeromist wrote:
I wouldn't take their configuration page as confirmation. Yes it's compatible but that doesn't mean it will operate at III speeds.

I asked gentech and here's an answer:



Well...Anyway, ssd is faster, no doubt.
ASUS G 74SX - 3DE

deal wrote:
I asked gentech and here's an answer:



Well...Anyway, ssd is faster, no doubt.


Cool, thanks for checking up on it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…