cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g74 3de stereoscopic, red green

jeffrey668
Level 7
I have had the g74 3de running win 7 for about a year now and not had too many problems with it.

i often use the 3D function to play games without any trouble until recently it has changed itself from stereoscopic 3D to Red green 3D. Im sure there is a setting in there somewhere to change this but i cant seem to find it.

I cant see any reason why this has happened, i have not updated any drivers or anything

when i first got the g74 it had issues with the 3d emitter and had the emitter and motherboard replaced under warranty, and it has been 100% since then. I just hope this is not another hardware problem.
6 REPLIES 6

ThatsBS
Level 8
Hi,

You do have the latest BIOS version?? Because that one is a fix for the 2d-3d function. It you haven't I would suggest you flash your Bios. I did a long time ago and have not had any troubles since.

jeffrey668
Level 7
no i dont have the latest bios but that shouldnt b the problem as it has been working fine with its current bios.
i just hope it is not a hardware problem, hopefully just a setting that needs changing

Pitcher1
Level 9
how about install new vga driver?

PILGRIM
Level 11
jeffrey668 wrote:
I have had the g74 3de running win 7 for about a year now and not had too many problems with it.

i often use the 3D function to play games without any trouble until recently it has changed itself from stereoscopic 3D to Red green 3D. Im sure there is a setting in there somewhere to change this but i cant seem to find it.

I cant see any reason why this has happened, i have not updated any drivers or anything

when i first got the g74 it had issues with the 3d emitter and had the emitter and motherboard replaced under warranty, and it has been 100% since then. I just hope this is not another hardware problem.

Go to nVidia Control Panel and check if "Stereoscopic 3D display type" is set as "ASUS 3D Vision Laptop".
The 3D display type being mistakenly set as "3D Vision discover" might produce that red-green color display.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

jeffrey668
Level 7
Thanks Pilgrim that has fixed it.
not sure how that got changed in the first place but its all good now

Cheers.

PILGRIM
Level 11
Good to know your 3D display is okay now. Cheers!
ASUS G74SX-3DE