cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW screen with cyan/blue lines

red66stang
Level 7
I have a G73SW whose screen is showing cyan vertical bars anywhere there is white on the screen like in the picture below. It does not do this when it is connected to an external LCD monitor via the VGA port or to my TV when connected via HDMI.

I have replaced the LCD (a few times actually) panel as well as replaced the video cable from the motherboard to the LCD with no change to the problem.

I restored the computer from my factory restore discs and installed the latest Nvidia drivers and still no change.

What else should I be looking at to fix this? Anyone know how much an RMA would cost me?

Thanks for the help

3 REPLIES 3

getmealive
Level 7
man..I think it's time to send it back to ASUS Service Center, so they can fix it for you. but I don't know how much this will cost you. just ask them how much.

billyray520
Level 10
Did you install the Asus Nvidia drivers that were originally installed on the Sw when you did the factory restore? It almost seems like a resolution problem. The fact that you don't have these problems with the HDMI output proves your graphics card is ok. But there is something going on with either the LCD panel or the Driver. You didn't change resolution on the LCD panel did you? You're sure its the correct one?
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

Pitcher1
Level 9
are you install vga driver from asus suppot site for V8.17.12.9616? still not help? when you connect to external monitor is all no problem, right, if yes and you have had replace LCD pannel already, i think you will check FPC or connecter.