cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JW-A1 Screen Flicker / Nvidia display driver stopped responding & recovered

Retired
Not applicable
Hello,
I have had the laptop for a month. The screen flicker and black screen with the above error in the bottom right corner appears after surfing the net (mozilla/explorer/google chrome) watching video or gaming. I updated the drive via the ASUS website - did not solve it. I have read many threads regarding the G73JH having what I believe is the same issue? Can I use those remedies? Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!!
21 REPLIES 21

Retired
Not applicable
Ran driver sweeper for any ati drivers and found no reference to the atikmdag.sys file. All of the BSODs reference this file nvlddmkm.sys. Thanks, of note it usually takes 3 to 4 restarts to get the laptop to boot normally, and the BSODs are still the same as referenced above. Also of note under the program Blue Screen View, results show the BSODs are caused by this driver: dxgkrnl.sys. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Retired
Not applicable
On 1/25 I sent laptop to ASUS for repair. Laptop was returned on 2/12. ASUS replaced the AC adapter, the video card and the wireless card. Works fine now and will advise if I have any issue. Thanks to all who helped!!