cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jh VGA driver

Aaronduhbaron
Level 7
so just some info for those using the old VGA driver 8.683. i contacted support and notified them that the driver is more than 3 years old! I also told them how the dated driver was causing some texture issues, for me it's with WoW specifically. The support representative i talked to informed me that the issue would be passed on to his supervisor in hopes of making a newer version. Of course he could have just said that to get me to quit complaining. But i hope we can get a new version
2 REPLIES 2

timmf123
Level 7
Think I may be having same problems. Flickering during graphics heavy operations and slow/corrupted texture loads(SWTOR). Looks like AMD just released an update. 8/19/2013 My computer (same model G73Jh) keeps rejecting ANYTHING from AMD directly. At the end of installation screen will go black like it is about to change but then blue screens and shuts down. Upon re-start no driver is installed and have to install old one from Device Manager. This has been going on (for me) since before the latest beta driver so maybe it will work for you.

I have that model and use the original VGA driver.

People that want to update their drivers using ATI's website have to first update their graphics card BIOS.

That is not something to do lightly. It depends on how you use your notebook. I have always been afraid to update my VGA BIOS because my understanding is that it breaks the HDMI port, which I want to have. There may be other problems as well which aren't documented (by enthusiasts)

Another problem is getting really good advice on which VGA BIOS to use, as they are poorly if at all documented, since they are all enthusiast produced and not factory tested.

I wish ASUS would update the VGA BIOS! :cool:
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7