cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH Screws?

nazgull2k1
Level 7
Bought this off craigslist.. besides needing a massive cleaning.. it seems to be missing over half the damn screws on the bottom! Does anyone know what size these are so I can replace them? Seriously.. Ive run every google search imaginable at this point and come up empty.
8 REPLIES 8

billyray520
Level 10
It sounds like you have half the damn screws. Take one as a sample to hardware store, jeweler, computer/hobby store etc. They sell them online too, but without knowing the size you can't order. 😞
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

billyray520
Level 10
It sounds like you have half the damn screws. Take one as a sample to hardware store, jeweler, computer/hobby store etc. They sell them online too, but without knowing the size you can't order. 😞 Or, make your CL seller cough them up! 😛

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

Thanks... that was very helpful.

Anyone else happen to know the actual size of the screws?

Deathisgod
Level 7
lol ^

As billyray520 stated, take one you do have to Brafasco or any other bolt/fastener place.
They will measure it, give you thread pitch and sell you all the screws you need for under $5.

Yes I know, take the laptop all over town to random obscure places in a winter blizzard and pray someone knows the answer...

I got that..

Now, BESIDES THAT. Does anyone know the ACTUAL size of the screws so I can order them online like I do everything else?

Please, seriously, there is ZERO need to once AGAIN tell me "Oh go take it to a screw place."

Dunno where you people live, but there isnt a tool and die shop on every corner like there seems to be in your towns.

nazgull2k1
Level 7
Update to this... I actually got a response from ASUS...

"We are sorry, but that information is not available."

How the bloody hell do they NOT know the size of the screws they use to assemble their OWN product?!

Screw it... I'll drive the 70 miles to a friggen tool shop and pray.. this is absolutely ridiculous, and Im SERIOUSLY starting to regret even buying this thing.

Deathisgod
Level 7
lol
Why would tech support know what size the screws are? They use part numbers.

if you mentioned you were planning on buying them online before, we may have had different responses.

ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G73J-GENUINE-OEM-ASUS-SCREW-KIT-ALL-SIZES-INCLUDE-G73J-SERIES-/231110968721?...

or if you google it, the first 3 results... ... ...

hope your drive went well 😉

billyray520
Level 10
^ lol roflmao at this: "Oh go take it to a screw place." 😄