cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH - Display Driver issues, causing photoshop crashes

Hyoumaru
Level 7
Hello

To sum up some recent computer drama, my Asus G73JH's motherboard and video card were recently replaced, and the hard drive was cloned as the existing one was getting on in age.

The computer itself is behaving fine, but I have noticed one concerning issue. As an artist, I use art programs like photoshop on a regular basis. However, upon opening Photoshop, after a few operations, the program inevitably crashes. The Event Viewer describes the following:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 13.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f61c045

Faulting module name: atio6axx.dll, version: 6.14.10.9236, time stamp: 0x4b2aaa84

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000d218

Faulting process id: 0x25a4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d384017f33200f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll

Report Id: 109ab427-eff5-11e7-83b0-bcaec519283d

I was informed that all this information indicates that the G73JH's AMD GPU is the culprit for causing these crashes, despite the fact the computer has no perceived visual issues besides this. I uninstalled the laptop's display driver, which immediately reinstalled on its own upon booting up, then uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop just to be safe. This didn't resolve anything in the end, and I'm still experiencing crashes like what the event viewer describes above. I know for fact these are the correct display drivers, I can't even begin to imagine how to go about resolving this, or if the fact I use a USB-monitor for additional screen space might have anything to do with it.

If anybody could provide some help or insight into this, it would be greatly appreciated, this is cutting into my work badly.
3 REPLIES 3

MrChief
Level 7
Hyoumaru wrote:
Hello

To sum up some recent computer drama, my Asus G73JH's motherboard and video card were recently replaced, and the hard drive was cloned as the existing one was getting on in age.

The computer itself is behaving fine, but I have noticed one concerning issue. As an artist, I use art programs like photoshop on a regular basis. However, upon opening Photoshop, after a few operations, the program inevitably crashes. The Event Viewer describes the following:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 13.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f61c045

Faulting module name: atio6axx.dll, version: 6.14.10.9236, time stamp: 0x4b2aaa84

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000d218

Faulting process id: 0x25a4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d384017f33200f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll

Report Id: 109ab427-eff5-11e7-83b0-bcaec519283d

I was informed that all this information indicates that the G73JH's AMD GPU is the culprit for causing these crashes, despite the fact the computer has no perceived visual issues besides this. I uninstalled the laptop's display driver, which immediately reinstalled on its own upon booting up, then uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop just to be safe. This didn't resolve anything in the end, and I'm still experiencing crashes like what the event viewer describes above. I know for fact these are the correct display drivers, I can't even begin to imagine how to go about resolving this, or if the fact I use a USB-monitor for additional screen space might have anything to do with it.

If anybody could provide some help or insight into this, it would be greatly appreciated, this is cutting into my work badly.

If anybody got the solution to this problem, Please reply..

toronto699
Level 13
What Graphic Drivers Are You Both Using ? Old Or Recent ?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Backup hard drive, especially eSupport folder and do fresh install? ;x