cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jh Dead?

Retired
Not applicable
I have a G73jh laptop and it refuses to turn on and every time I plug the charger in the light on the charger turns off.

It happened when I left it on all night, like I did many nights without problem, and when I woke up there was a bad smell in the air like burning plastic. I tried getting a new charger but it did the same thing with the new charger.

My problem is that I bought the laptop at best buy in the United States and I am now in Canada for school. When I went to the best buy here in Canada I was informed that they would not honor my warranty from the states and my one year warranty from best buy expires in a week, so i can't just send it back to my family and get it fixed where I bought it.

My questions are what happened to my computer and how can I go about getting it fixed. Also as a college student I don't have much cash to get it fixed at an independent shop here if it's a major problem. This is my school computer so i need it fixed as quickly as possible.
4 REPLIES 4

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Regardless whether Best Buy is willing to help, you are still covered by the Asus Global Warranty:

International Warranty and support

Your ASUS Product will be covered by international ASUS service for the duration of the Warranty (the Product purchase receipt or other proof of purchase may be required).

To enjoy the comprehensive international warranty service, visit ASUS Service Center website at http://support.asus.com/contact for detailed locations (In American area only supports USA, Canada and Mexico).

The International Warranty only covers failures or malfunctions that occur during the warranty period and under normal use condition, as well as any material or workmanship defects. The warranty will not apply to the items listed in “Exclusion from this Limited Warranty Service.”

Free accessories and bundles (including but not limited to carry case, mouse, and other free gifts) are not covered by this International Warranty.

Spare Parts/software may be unavailable in different country (for example: Keyboard or the model not sold/repaired in the country where customer request repair). Also service model, service procedures and response times may vary per country. Electrical power and plugs vary throughout the world.
It sounds like the power supply got fried, BTW. Definitely an issue that requires service. Contact them ASAP and get the ball rolling, before your warranty expires.

Retired
Not applicable
Even if you go RMA, it wont work better.... This laptop is a disaster!

JRd1st
Level 12
Take the battery out, carefully, and try it with only the adapter.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Muahahah! Yeah, try that, LOLLL!

I understand that Asus helps here want to keep their job, that's why they will never tell you the truth.

This laptop dosen't work out of the box and will never will.

Search the net, only a little % of owner are happy, all other are totaly deseperate whit this lame cpu.

By the way, I am an owner of this lame, so I kow what I talking about after 2 RMA and 1 year trying to fix that shit.
And I LOVE to bitch on Asus now, because they own me 2k.

Good luck.