cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH CPU Clocks Changed

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
Alright, So I recently re-installed Windows 7 onto my ASUS G73JH and i noticed a change in my cpu speeds. Before I would neglect the twin turbo fix and use high performance setting with TT off and get 3.1ghz on my cpu with no overclocking and without the fix. Now I can't seem to get above 2.8ghz without using the fix and turning TT on. Anyone know if I can set it back to the way it was somehow? It would be nice to get that extra boost more with TT off then the 2.9ghz with it on.
You Heard It From - ']['he (())riginal - ']['.(()).
4 REPLIES 4

Chastity
Level 10
Which version of TB Monitor you using? Anything earlier than 2.0 will cap your OC.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Can you actually use TB 2.0 with an i7 Q720? I thought it was only with the new sandy bridge things.

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
I'm just using CPU-Z to watch my cpu speed. Before I re-installed it would go up to 3.1ghz with no overclocking and no twin turbo without the fix. now it caps at just under 3.0ghz with the fix on and twin turbo on. How is it that before it was better when it was just normal and now with this stuff on it is capped at a lower speed? I use no overclocking, it would just get to that speed.

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
So I assume that the clocks were just magically occurring and that normally they do not go over 2.8ghz on high performance mode?