cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jh-A1 White Screen Issues

KarthikCV
Level 7
Hi Folks,

I have seen a lot of threads on black screen issues and mid-game white screen issues. Just wanted to know if anyone faced a white screen issue at power-on event. When I connect to a TV monitor using HDMI, it works. But the white screen remains.

So, I was wondering, if I should mod it into a desktop or do a screen replacement. As screen replacement is almost 3 times the cost of converting to a desktop and also, shipping time 3-4 weeks to India.

Has anyone done this to an Asus g73jh ?
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
For an older machine like that I would not bother replacing the screen unless I had one spare or very cheap. But really you have to decide for yourself. If you need a portable machine and you cannot afford a new one then the best choice may be fixing what you have. Keep in mind that this may not be the screen though. It's possible but unlikely that something on the GPU has failed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
For an older machine like that I would not bother replacing the screen unless I had one spare or very cheap. But really you have to decide for yourself. If you need a portable machine and you cannot afford a new one then the best choice may be fixing what you have. Keep in mind that this may not be the screen though. It's possible but unlikely that something on the GPU has failed.

I will try it out today and see if its the same in extreme position.

If there is a loose connection I dont have a spare cable or a spare screen to check. 😞

But when I connect it via a HDMI cable to a TV, its works perfectly. Is it still a GPU issue ?

I guess I wont be using this as a laptop, as its battery is almost dead, so converting into a desktop makes sense. I wanted to know if someone else did something like this.

I tried to check if there is any difference in the extreme positions. No luck 😞

Will try to mod it into a desktop now.

Initially, will try to remove the LCD screen and make it portable. Was thinking I should mod a laptop cooler. This will be attached to the keyboard once I get remove it. Guess this can make air circulation a little better.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Not sure how often this occurs or if it makes sense, but you might also want to check the LCD cable and connections although if nothing changes when you move the notebook screen back and forth, it's less obvious that this is the problem (if you haven't tried moving the screen to more extreme positions, check if this makes any difference).

You probably don't have a spare LCD cable lying around to try, and not sure how easily you can disassemble the screen to check connections, but just something else to consider if it can be done safely without too much cost or effort.

Unfortunately, don't know what to determine from the white screen versus black screen though. Good luck!