cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73 JH Recovery Issue

vertigo5012
Level 7
Ok, i run my 4 recovery disks that i created, it says successful. I reload system after it shutsdown and I'm a blue window like screen yet it doesnt go anywhere from there. I do get a quick command prompt window that closes quickly. But it just sits there at that point, I've tried F9 to use the recover pettion but nothing happens, except for returning to the blue screen. Cloud blue, not blue screen of death blue.
4 REPLIES 4

SUKARA
Level 10
What kind of the problem happens when you recovery system before?
Why did you want to recovery your os?
Or
Do you have installed any device in the notebook?)EX:HDD,memory or others.....??

Restoring to factory spec to give to daughter, wanted a fresh install. Everything in it is stock from when i bought it. It looks light the windows screen without anything on it, including windows bars and such.

silentkiller01
Level 7
did you try a full reset of just reset the first drive
try a full reset formatting all drives again

xeromist
Yeah, you might just need to try it again if it's consistently failing. If it turns out that your recovery media is borked then that isn't the end of the world. You can get an ISO image of an OEM Windows installation from Digital River and use the product key on the bottom of the machine. There are a couple of threads here that discuss it or you can find links on the Internet(stick to reputable forums for safety of course). Just be aware that you'll have to download all of the drivers from ASUS as well.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…