cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703GS ROG GameVisual Error (GameVisual does not support the current screen setting)

sa_783
Level 9
Hello! Tell me please what is the problem, and how can I fix it. At the first start was Windows 10 1709, everything worked fine, was updated until 1803 stopped running GameVisual, downloaded from. site is the same, produces an error
(GameVisual does not support the current screen setting).
Rollback to the factory does not work, recovery comes to 90% and hangs.74940
4 REPLIES 4

Clintlgm
Level 14
Did you roll back the 1803 upgrade in windows update, you have 10 days to do so. or if you still have windows.old you can do this. Setting/windows/update/history/uninstall update select the 1803 update. I would check with Asus Support as to wether this is a Asus problem or just on your notebook problem. They may have an updated driver to solve the issue if its Asus wide issue.
Otherwise just uninstall the program and wait for Asus to release a fix or newer version You can check at Asus Support Downloads

Also you should take the time to fill out your profile and system specs
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Did you roll back the 1803 upgrade in windows update, you have 10 days to do so. or if you still have windows.old you can do this. Setting/windows/update/history/uninstall update select the 1803 update. I would check with Asus Support as to wether this is a Asus problem or just on your notebook problem. They may have an updated driver to solve the issue if its Asus wide issue.
Otherwise just uninstall the program and wait for Asus to release a fix or newer version You can check at Asus Support Downloads

Also you should take the time to fill out your profile and system specs

IMHO, don't expect that Asus useless support will know how to help you - they're 1st tier support, i.e ppl that reply answers from a database and know nothing but to say sorry.
notheless, i'm happy to tell you that they're smart enough to know to pass complaints to their developers - so you should do that.

According to this site on ASUS "GameVisual" is merely "Splendid" app.
I already hinted on how to solve such similar issue on other ROG laptop, basically (and for your case) you need latest "GameVisual" installer, extract it, and make sure the *.ICM files ( that you can get from older releases either "GameVisual" or "Splendid" ) sits in the right directory BEFORE (re)installing "GameVisual".

Also, you might need to MANUALLY instruct windows screen calibration app to use these ICM configuration.

please try it, and report back if you're successful.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
IMHO, don't bother to contact that useless support.

According to this site on ASUS "GameVisual" is merely "Splendid" app.
I already hinted on how to solve such similar issue on other ROG laptop, basically (and for your case) you need latest "GameVisual" installer, extract it, and make sure the *.ICM files ( that you can get from older releases either "GameVisual" or "Splendid" ) sits in the right directory BEFORE (re)installing "GameVisual".

Also, you might need to MANUALLY instruct windows screen calibration app to use these ICM configuration.

please try it, and report back if you're successful.

Thanks for the answer! I did some steps, to no avail. In those. support wrote a week ago on this issue, there is no answer.

sa.783 wrote:
Thanks for the answer! I did some steps, to no avail. In those. support wrote a week ago on this issue, there is no answer.

try to search your C drive for ICM file types - you mightfound your original eSupport folder you got from Asus - only if you find your ICM file you might be aboe to solve it.
why might ?
Since I now understand that "GameVisual" is UWP - i.e windows "app" not a standalone software.
due to the 1709->1803 upgrade, some custom asus configuration might have changed, preventing the UWP app to detect your device is supported.

I guess you need to pass compliant to asus so that they include G703GS model in the supported device list of the OFFICIAL app. (LINK SOURCE HERE)
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]