cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G701VI - Touchpad Gestures and Keyboard Backlight problems after Resume from Sleep

dzeek
Level 7
After resume from sleep, the touchpad gestures don't work anymore and the keyboard backlight is off even if I had it on before sleep. I have to reboot to fix the touchpad gestures. To fix the backlight I have to hit the FN-3 key (reduce backlight brghtness) before the FN-4 (increase backlight brightness) will work. What is the fix? This is obviously very annoying on a brand new laptop. Doesn't make sense that this wouldn't work right out of the box on a new system. Thx
2 REPLIES 2

Bill
Level 7
Hello dzeek
Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?
Thank you

I have the same laptop model and problem. I actually started a new thread on this because I hadn't noticed this one.

Also, if I shut down the laptop I completely lose the gesture functionality. It can be restored by reinstalling the driver or by removing it. Shutting down and rebooting removes the gestures again.

Edit: After some testing, I managed to keep the gesture functionality after shutdown by turning off Windows fast start-up. But restoring it after sleep still requires a reboot.