cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G701VI a replacement for G752

winyl
Level 9
G701VI seems to be replacement for G752vy.
Looks exactcly as G752, has cd drive and better gpu,cpu.
But is it worth the money?
Why Asus ditched old nameing scheme? The VI stand for VR probably. The VR is selling verrry poorly, why not G753 then?
13 REPLIES 13

Rares95
Level 8
If you look on the official ASUS site, the correct photos are shown. There seems to be a great deal of confusion surrounding this model.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Seems to that Asus is now putting on the market 3 levels of Gaming notebooks, Not only that but in each category there is wide price range of models. We'll have to see what they come out with this spring. Fall usually is just some small upgraded parts in the same old case. IE G752VS line. All that's new is the Video Card and some modification to the cooling system. The VL G752 series have there own sub forum as well as the VX G series. This is all new to us for awhile all 3 were in this one forum which was very confusing for us all with the VL G752 having not much to do with the G752 at all.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Seems to that Asus is now putting on the market 3 levels of Gaming notebooks, Not only that but in each category there is wide price range of models. We'll have to see what they come out with this spring. Fall usually is just some small upgraded parts in the same old case. IE G752VS line. All that's new is the Video Card and some modification to the cooling system. The VL G752 series have there own sub forum as well as the VX G series. This is all new to us for awhile all 3 were in this one forum which was very confusing for us all with the VL G752 having not much to do with the G752 at all.

It's pretty awesome Asus has released multiple models for the 1080, single and SLI, air-cooled and water-cooled 🙂

I'm thinking something like a G701VI or G800VI for a single 1080.

A G702VS if there will be a 1070 model? Or a GL702VM-DB74 if only 1060. Something to carry around.

The GX800 is out there too, but I still haven't seen a production model review or a shipping date for the US.

winyl
Level 9
Well bad info for me is all g701 and g801 are missing built in cd-drives. And I don't see games,films and utility programs comming on sdcards in shops any time soon. Too bad, 'cause we could get rid of big bulky cds.

winyl wrote:
Well bad info for me is all g701 and g801 are missing built in cd-drives. And I don't see games,films and utility programs comming on sdcards in shops any time soon. Too bad, 'cause we could get rid of big bulky cds.

An external one is like...$30? Get with the times, CD's and DVD's are done.

Rares95 wrote:
CD's and DVD's are done.

Well, tell it to movie studios and some software companies which still preffer cd disks(DVDs, BDs). Wonder how long until they dump cds for good in the history/museum bin.

I have to add that I haven't used a CD/DVD since Fallout 3. I still own a lot of old games on disk, but like it was said, I'd just get a cheap external unit. A great deal of new laptops don't have optical drives, and I don't think I've seen an ultra portable with an optical drive ever.

I don't know it seems to me that mostly we download software now days, I can't remember how long its been since I've loaded a program from a CD. In fact I just loaded Quickbooks 2016 which was on a CD or DVD so I copied it to disk then Installed.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

miguel_pereira
Level 7
I havent use a phisical disk in years... but I do have high speed internet. (120mps+)
Maybe that is still a limitation to some people.